Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

If I just get the kitchen cleaned today will be a good day

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

LO is definitely going through the terrible 2's right now and the house is a mess.  DH is really stressed out and hasn't been helping me clean.  I am exhausted from life altohough I am feeling okay mentally.

I'm not going to be too hard on myself so I'm thinking if I just get the kitchen cleaned, which is a huge space and pretty much grand central station for our apt, I will have accomplished something today.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same way today. I've learned to let go a lot of my anxiety over things not being perfect and I'm working on allowing things to get a tad messy without my anxiety going through the roof.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Yeah, I get very anxious in an unorganized mess but I have learned that if I just do what I can in small amounts through the day I feel better and less pressured (by myself).

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I feel the same way today. I've learned to let go a lot of my anxiety over things not being perfect and I'm working on allowing things to get a tad messy without my anxiety going through the roof.

EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My therapist recommended "The New Personality Self Portrait" for us to work on together (it's a book). I do not quite have OCD she says but she thinks this book will help with the behaviours associated with it. I was at a point where I could barely function when the house was even slightly messy, I had to force myself to let go and it's been working. The book won't arrive for another two weeks :( Have you ever heard of it?

Quoting matreshka:

Yeah, I get very anxious in an unorganized mess but I have learned that if I just do what I can in small amounts through the day I feel better and less pressured (by myself).

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

eesmommy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing lol.... I flylady but have been flapping about and not flying for over a week now, been sick the past week, and just when I feel better I struggle with depression again.... ugh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM

You can do it!! The hardest part is getting started. I have the same problem. While I was(FINALLY!) putting laundry away dh who was sitting right next to ds asked me if I could change him.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM

you can do it!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM
There you are matreshka! Havent seen you in here for a while. With having depression and always living in too small of a place, it seems my house is ALWAYS a mess. It also doesnt help that I live with 3 males. Ive been to the point where I tell myself the same thing as you, if I can just get the kitchen cleaned up today, it will be a good day. Im so happy to hear that mentally youre doing ok. Stay strong mama, hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

No I haven't heard of that book, but I've worked on cognitive behavioral skills workbooks with my therapist and its been really helpful.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

My therapist recommended "The New Personality Self Portrait" for us to work on together (it's a book). I do not quite have OCD she says but she thinks this book will help with the behaviours associated with it. I was at a point where I could barely function when the house was even slightly messy, I had to force myself to let go and it's been working. The book won't arrive for another two weeks :( Have you ever heard of it?

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I get that all the time.  It's like, "are you serious!?"

Quoting deadlights86:

You can do it!! The hardest part is getting started. I have the same problem. While I was(FINALLY!) putting laundry away dh who was sitting right next to ds asked me if I could change him.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

thats what i do in my house sometimes. dont overwork yourself. take some time to relax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN