Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

resentment

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

I very much resent my Grandma. It is ridiculous but she has done so much wrong. I am civil and I oblige her by seeing her once a week and I feel like our relationship has been getting better, however today she stopped by her house on her way to bringing the kids and I home because she needed to use the bathroom. She insisted that I take DD inside to use the bathroom as well. DD said she had to go. She didn't. What really started to irk me was that DD started asking for the guy that my Grandma had been trying to force on me. This guy lives with her. I told DD that he wasn't there. I didn't say anthing more. I refuse to see this guy because he was forced on me and he didn't listen to me when I told him I wasn't interested in dating him. He tried to use my kids as a way to win me over. He has finally started to leave me alone. I hate her house. I don't want to step foot inside of it. I don't know why but I hate it. It made me so mad after that I couldn't hold a conversation with my Grandma on the way to my house. I will never get into a car with her again either because I can't tell you how many times I thought we were going to get into an accident that would have been her fault. Maybe that added to it all because I was freaking out. I can't tell you how many times I hit that imaginary break on the passanger side floor. 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

thats not good of her to try and force someone on you. i have a friend who recently went through the same thing with her mother and she finally just had to tell everybody involved that she wasnt interested. if you feel unsafe in the car with her then dont ride anymore. i would be worried about the safety of my kids which im sure you were.

momma1708
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I had tried to tell her for a long time that I was uncomfortable around him, he tried to kiss me once. She wouldn't hear of it. Finally I had to call my dad, her son, and tell him that she wouldn't leave me alone and wouldn't understand why I didn't want to be around him. I don't know what he said to her but she hasn't tried anything since. I just seem to still harbor ill feelings about it. I feel like the moment I stop having my guard up, I guess that is what it is, then it will start all over again. 

Quoting lyrick24:

thats not good of her to try and force someone on you. i have a friend who recently went through the same thing with her mother and she finally just had to tell everybody involved that she wasnt interested. if you feel unsafe in the car with her then dont ride anymore. i would be worried about the safety of my kids which im sure you were.

KVnC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Yeah you have a right to be pissed i would been too. I have problems with my grandma too she's horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I love her, I really do, I just feel like this was some kind of ploy to try and make me feel bad for not allowing the kids to be around this guy. I feel no guilt but I feel like she wants me to feel guilt for it. 

Quoting KVnC:

Yeah you have a right to be pissed i would been too. I have problems with my grandma too she's horrible.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 AM

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Why is she trying to push this guy on you? it seems very strange to me.  I'm sorry you aren't getting along with her. Can you have some space from her?

momma1708
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM

She considers him part of the family, the rest of us don't. We feel like it is because she wants him to be legally part of the family so everyone else has to consider him family as well. I am only seeing her once a week right now. I used to have to see her everyday. 

Quoting matreshka:

Why is she trying to push this guy on you? it seems very strange to me.  I'm sorry you aren't getting along with her. Can you have some space from her?

anotherandree
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I agree.  It sounds like you and Grandma need some time and space.  IMO, it actually sounds like all the time you spend with her isn't healthy for you.  I understand that you may not exactly have all the time in the world with her, but she sounds passive aggressive and manipulative.  That is just how some people are and they can be tolerated and even laughed off in small chunks.  I think it is time to rethink what kind of relationship you want with your Grandmother and start setting some clear and firm boundaries.  Be a broken record and distance yourself if need be.

Quoting matreshka:

KVnC
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I love my grandma too but she pulls a lot of stupid stuff with me. And yeah she does guilt trips too. Try talking about it maybe she'll understand your point of view if u really tell her what u feel
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN