Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to this group

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi, my name is Nikki, i am 29 and have anziety and depression. I have been digosed about 3 years ago, never knew something was wrong. I have my good days and my bad days, the bad days last longer then the good days and when i have the bad days all kinds of things start going on in my head, just really crazy things sometimes it gets to a point where i think people are out to get me. My insercuritues get really bad and my bf has to suffer through them, we have been dating for 2 yrs(longest relationship i have ever had) I am taking medication, matter of fact my Celexa has been upped to 40mg, it was 20mg. To be honest sometimes i do forget to take it and my bf can ususally tell and asks me to take them. I have found other ways to deal with my depression such as rearranging things around, changing the point of view really helps. if it was just me i think things would be worse, but i do struggle sometimes because i have an 8yr old daughter and there r days where o DO NOT want to get up, but then the fear of my daughter not getting a good education forces me, on days like that all i want to do is sleep and sleep, then my house falls apart and then i see that look on my bf and daughter that they r not happy and that breaks me down. O have more to say about me but maybe another day.

~Smile: u are special in every way~
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tracys2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Welcome! Good to get to know you.

I'm insecue also, it is very frustrating. Sounds like the meds are helping though, a little? Keep on with the struggle!

Igetitnow143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I know some times the 20s were not working, so i am on a trial run of 3 months to see if the 40s are working. I am still tring to find ways to fall aslep without the WHAT IF'S playin around in my head. I was wondering what r some insercurities u have and how u delt with them?
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM

welcome to the group. i know that feeling of being overwhelmed. after you get your daughter off to school can you lay back down and take a nap and then get up and clean. turn on some good music and fix you something to drink. it sounds like you have a good hold on yourself. best of luck to you.

matreshka
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Welcome to the group. Its good you found some ways to help yourself rather than just meds.  That makes all the difference.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group

Igetitnow143
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Ya i have a good handle on things. If i lay down after i take my daughter i will slep till 230 when its time to go get her. I have tried getting up to have at least 2 hrs to clean but it hasnt worked so i force myself to stay up and just clean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)