Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My daughters funeral.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this
Was 18 years ago today. She would have been 3 months on that actual day. She died on Jan. 24th. I usually end up Grumpy on these days. I haven't argued with anyone or been mean, yet. I usually realize why I'm angry after I notice the date. I didn't do much today. Maybe that's why I've been ok. I'm disabled and her cemetery plot is high on a hill, so I really can't walk up there. I haven't mentioned it to anyone except here. Seems like I should be better about it after 18 years. I guess I am. But I'm glad I can at least jot it Down here, whether anyone reads this or not. I'm glad I said it some where.
Thank you for this site
Kandybug
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I read it mama, and Im so sorry for your loss :-( You have every right to have a "take it easy" kind of day today, and every year on this day if yot so choose. Youre never going to be completely "over it", although you sound, I dont know how to put it, not necessarily ok with it, thats not the right word, um, like youre sad but youve come to accept it because you know you cant change it. Does that make sense? Ive never lost a child, except a misscarraige at about 8 weeks preg. but thats not quite the same thing. Your baby had been born alive and lived, if even for a very short time, I cant even imagine. Im so sorry mama, hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Momma,I see this too. I am sorry about your baby girl. I agree with what ashleighmama,said...she said it very well. Your heart will always hurt at some level but,as you are finding out the hurt does soften some over time. Hugs! hugging

Kazmira222
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Deaths are always hard to move in from. I've never had anyone close to me die other than pets, but sometimes I feel they give off a close enough vibe. :/ I'm sry for your loss ma'am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

i am so sorry for your loss. i have a  grandaughter that was stillborn at birth and she is buried up in the cemetary up the road from me. i also have health problems and havent been able to get up there. but she is always on my mind and i will never forget her.

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry for your loss. You seem to be handling it well. I know the lord is holding her in his arms and protecting her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your loss. How could you forget? Hugs!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry you lost your daughter.  I don't think that is anything you can ever get over.  ((((Hugs)))

JansRainbow
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. Anniversary dates are difficult. 23 years ago today, I lost my mom. I miss her so much. I treasure the time I had with her. I can't take her flowers because her ashes are buried three hours away. My sister lives by there, but she won't do it. She treated my mom badly. She said before it is too hard for her. That is because she feel guilty. It hurts that I can't take mom flowers. I want to have her ashes moved up here. If they won't do it, I will find a way. Your daughter will always be with you in your heart I will keep you in my prayers. Sending hugs.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

big hugs!! I'm so sorry for your loss :-(

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

hugsso sorry.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)