Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get organized

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am chronically disorganized.  I missed therapy last week and now I am having to make sure I don't miss another appt or they will terminate me.

Plus now I have a lot of various things going on, play groups, DBT group for myself.  All kinds of doc appts for my fibro and RA as well.

Plus I drive DH to and from work and meetings.  He will not drive as he gets severe anxiety.

I've never been able to be organized and could really use some tips.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

It's funny you should mention that ~ I have a hair appointment at 830 tomorrow morning and I had a dream last night that I completely missed it.

I keep a planner in my purse and write down everything. I also have a calendar at work that I look at.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

get you a calander and write down everything you have to do each day. get one you can carry in your purse.

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My phone has a calendar and two reminder alarms to go off. Works great for me. When I get an appointment I type it in right when they are writing out the card or I forget though. For me it's just a matter of disciplining myself to check the calendar every morning just like I brush my teeth or make coffee. Once you get in that habit you will be fine!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Sheesh, as I get older, I feel like I would lose my head if it wasnt screwed on. Man, Im 41, I cant imagine what it will be like when Im 60 or 70 lol! I have 2 calenders in the kitchen, 1 is the smallish, regular type calender on 1 wall, sometimes those stupid boxes foq each day are too small, plus I have a big desk calender that I rip each month off of as I need it, store the rest of it flat under my bed, and hang the 1 page for that month on the back of my front door, its a metal door so I just use magnets. The boxes are bigger and I look at it 1 last time as going out the door. I IMMEDIATELY write appts. on BOTH calendars. I also try to be sure to cross off each day on BOTH of them so when I check them I can focus on the right day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Stupid phone cuts me off! The last thing I do is if its something really important that I CAN NOT forget about, I write it down on paper and tape it to the outside of my kitchen cabinet thats right above the main counter area. My parents started doing this as they got older, theres little reminder notes on their kitchen cabinets and I used to silently chuckle about, but now I laugh because Ive become like them lol! Little reminder notes taped to my kitchen cabinets, it looks kinda tacky, but I dont card! I never seem to miss my appts. etc, so I guess it works for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I have always been a very organized person

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I am a list maker. I also have 2 calendars that I write dr appointments on so I don't miss them.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We have a main calendar that I write everything on, I need something for my purse.  I try to use the one on my phone but I am just used to writing things down on paper.

Quoting lyrick24:

get you a calander and write down everything you have to do each day. get one you can carry in your purse.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

That is the habit I need to get into!

Quoting Bertieb:

My phone has a calendar and two reminder alarms to go off. Works great for me. When I get an appointment I type it in right when they are writing out the card or I forget though. For me it's just a matter of disciplining myself to check the calendar every morning just like I brush my teeth or make coffee. Once you get in that habit you will be fine!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My mind can get really scattered and foggy.  I think that I have written something down when I haven't and I always mess up numbers, so dates and times can get screwed up.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Stupid phone cuts me off! The last thing I do is if its something really important that I CAN NOT forget about, I write it down on paper and tape it to the outside of my kitchen cabinet thats right above the main counter area. My parents started doing this as they got older, theres little reminder notes on their kitchen cabinets and I used to silently chuckle about, but now I laugh because Ive become like them lol! Little reminder notes taped to my kitchen cabinets, it looks kinda tacky, but I dont card! I never seem to miss my appts. etc, so I guess it works for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)