Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New to group: handling depression and anxiety

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm new to this group based on recommendation from another CM. I've been having some down moments along with anxiety. I can be in a peaceful state and BOOM, I get hit with negative thoughts. Nothing such as killing myself or nothing dangerous but I start having panic attacks. I need to learn how to control my emotions.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

welcomet to the group. have you thought about seeing a therapist to learn how to help control your emotions. that might be a good idea.

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group.  I am new too.  I am sure you will find the support you need here, everyone is so nice to me

mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Been to a therapist and I have taken meds...not working and I've gotten sick from the meds. I almost died with the Zoloft. So I've been trying exercise five days a week for thirty minutes, staying as busy as I can and praying. I also talk to myself when I feel an attack coming on. It gets bad when I'm home. When I went to stay with my mom last night because my DH is out of town, I had no issues...not one attack. Sometimes I think it's something in my house that steers me up.

Quoting lyrick24:

welcomet to the group. have you thought about seeing a therapist to learn how to help control your emotions. that might be a good idea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I was told great things about the CM's here.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Welcome to the group.  I am new too.  I am sure you will find the support you need here, everyone is so nice to me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mom627
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

It took 2 hospitals and two different psychiatrists to get my meds right. I had major depression and anxiety. I went to a therapist and it didn't help. It might just be that you were with your parents and felt very comfortable. If you feel major anxiety, try a different dr.  Good luck and welcome to the group.

3MOM627

have a nice day

mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Yeah I seem to be really sensitive to meds. My mom wants me to come over tonight just so I can get some sleep and comfort. I'm really trying to beat this and don't want to keep running.

Quoting 3mom627:

It took 2 hospitals and two different psychiatrists to get my meds right. I had major depression and anxiety. I went to a therapist and it didn't help. It might just be that you were with your parents and felt very comfortable. If you feel major anxiety, try a different dr.  Good luck and welcome to the group.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Welcome tithe group.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Welcome to the group. Awhile ago my therapist suggested a dbt skills workbook. It has been helpful. It teaches you to regulate your emotions more. Dbt stands for dialectical behavioral therapy. I also think it's great that you keep yourself busy and are excersizing. I also use meditation and progressive muscle relaxation and the women in this group are wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Welcome to the group! What about your house do you think causes your anxiety?  I had a bad neighbor last year who was giving me panic attacks.

mami2my3rugratz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I never gave it much thought until recently but the house I'm renting, the family that use to rent it, well the ladies husband tried to get sexual with me. And it was w big mess behind because my brother threatened to kill him. Then across the street is my old house my ex husband and I sold. My ex husband was very abusive. I moved back out this way, because the rent was reasonable, and I wanted to ensure that the kids went to better schools. But when I lived in another state for a few years, I was so at peace. I hate where I am now. It's where I was born and raised but I don't want to be here.

Quoting matreshka:

Welcome to the group! What about your house do you think causes your anxiety?  I had a bad neighbor last year who was giving me panic attacks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)