Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unexpected happiness

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I filed my taxes about a week ago. I didn't think I was going to get any of it back due to unpaid student loans. I didn't get all of it back but I got a small portion back! I don't know if that means that my student loans are paid off now or what but I don't care! Now I can pay for the class I want to take! I am soooo excited! I might even do a little shopping spree.... or I will put it in savings towards a down payment on a car...... hmmmm we shall see.... I really need new clothes.... 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

That is good

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Is it federal loans that you have?  If they garnished your refund then you should be getting a letter stating what the Dept of Ed took and how much if any is still owed.  They will tell you if it is all paid off too.  If you have private loans they don't garnish your refund and that's a totally  different situation.

congrats on getting something back!

momma1708
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It is a fed loan. I am waiting for the letter. I can't wait to get it. I am sure I still owe on it. I can't imagine that I don't. I am assuming that they can only take a certain amount. I am just so happy that I got it! 

Quoting matreshka:

Is it federal loans that you have?  If they garnished your refund then you should be getting a letter stating what the Dept of Ed took and how much if any is still owed.  They will tell you if it is all paid off too.  If you have private loans they don't garnish your refund and that's a totally  different situation.

congrats on getting something back!

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM

How exciting- congrats!

jalex
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Yay!  Good for you.  I am hoping for a pay day too!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Thats AWESOME MAMA! I remember your other post (at least I think youre the one that posted it, I usually mobile on a crappy phone, the SNs are small and theres no avatars, so forgive if it wasnt you) and how upset you were that you werent getting anything back. What an awesome kind of surprise, especially when you were soooo not expecting it :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

lol that was me. I was freaking out. Had a complete melt down! I cried from happiness this morning when I saw it in my account! I can't wait till Monday when I can go up to the school and give them the check! 

Quoting ashleighmama:

Thats AWESOME MAMA! I remember your other post (at least I think youre the one that posted it, I usually mobile on a crappy phone, the SNs are small and theres no avatars, so forgive if it wasnt you) and how upset you were that you werent getting anything back. What an awesome kind of surprise, especially when you were soooo not expecting it :-)

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Congrats.....

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

that is great! glad you are happy!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

congrats - we haven't done our taxes yet, but dh says we will probably have to pay since he retired december 2011.  I hope not, I am broke as a joke and have no idea how I would pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)