Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this just the depression/anxiety?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
i posted that i am having a tightness in my chest im also having hot flashes and i feel physically weak. i cant stand and hold my 7 month old long without feeling like ive been on my feet for hours. and then im constantly tired. i just want to sleep although there are nights that no matter how much i try i cant fall asleep. thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jylianne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Sounds like anxiety and depression..... They both tend to drain my energy really badly when they are acting up.... I get the insomnia as well... Sometimes days at a time... You might consider speaking to your doc and see if they might put you on an anxiety medication to see if it helps.... 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:53 AM

it might be a good idea to get a check-up from a general practitioner. make sure it isnt anything besides anxiety. hope everything turns out well for you.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

What they said. It COULD be, but we'd feel terrible if there was something else going on and you didn't go see a doctor. Especially the weakness and chest issues. Hope you feel better soon!

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I agree!  Depression makes me so tired,anxiety and panic attacks wear me out,but can't sleep at night w/o Ambien.  I get chest pains and dizziness from anxiety/panic too.   have been to ER many times.  better to b safe than sorry.  But,recently my blood sugar was high and my thyroid low,so I started Insulin shots and increased my thyroid med,I had been exhausted,and am feeling a bit more energy now.

Quoting Tracys2:

What they said. It COULD be, but we'd feel terrible if there was something else going on and you didn't go see a doctor. Especially the weakness and chest issues. Hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)