Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Does this sound OCD to you or just something else

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

Soo... I constantly clean my house I'm talking like deep cleaning.. I will get up at 5:30 in the morning to start (being careful not to wake up the kids) make everybody breakfast and as soon as I get everyone served I go ahead and clean up that mess then I clean up everyones plates from breakfast and then I will eat.(that is how I do all the meals).

I do the normal things like dust and de-clutter and vaccuum the floors but I also do these things..

I will re organnize my panty every other day make a list of things needed at the grocery store.

Sweep & Mop floors on every hardwood surface, take the pans and pots out and sort them

Organize the silverware,dinner ware, and glass ware (if any of it is out of place I get ill and put it back where it goes)

Bleach bomb the crud out of the bathrooms

Vaccuum out the cabinents

Clean out the fridge for leftovers that have been there for 3 days

If it doesn't get done I feel stressed out and while I'm doing it I'm stressed out and snap at anyone who interrupts me and sometimes take it out on who I feel isnt helping me keep it up

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

it sounds like ocd to me. i had a friend who was ocd about her house. it might be a good idea to see a therapist. thats what my friend did and she got alot better.

pookie.bear2009
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I do see a therapist for my anxiety and depression, but the cleaning thing has just now started and I don't have an appointment til 2 weeks from now so  we will see how this goes.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
It does sound like you go overboard with cleaning. Would you like to come to my house and let your ocd loose in here?! :-) You would stay busy for days! But ya, I say if its to the point where you feel like you HAVE to these things, like if it causes you anxiety NOT to do it, then I say OCD. I developed OCD when I was 18 and I had moved out on my own for the 1st time, but mine were dumb, unproductive things like checking and re checking over and over door locks, making sure my curling iron was unplugged, etc. Drove me nuts but I couldnt stop. So DO tell your therapist when you see her, therapy can help, and if need be, theres also meds that can help. Good luck and hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookie.bear2009
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Sure Ashleighmama just come pick me up... but I'll have to bring the kiddos. I used to do the checking thing a lot as well but it was mainly making sure I locked my car doors. I would sit in class and go did I lock the doors. One day I just got up and walked out to the parking lot and checked. It gets soo aggrivating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Talk to your therapist about it and maybe what was going on in your life when it started. It sounds like it is some sort of problem. Do you take meds or have a med change when this started?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN