Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

do you write in a journal?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 23 Replies
i am considering starting one but im afraid i will be dishonest in it due to fear of it ending up in the wrong hands. help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have problems with paper journals for that reason. Even though people can break passwords, I prefer to write on my computer and at least I know the kids can't get into it!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I write online and have a paper journal.  My feeling is, if they have to snoop and don't like what they see, they shouldn't be snooping in the first place.  JMO. 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM

i think its a good idea. can you get something to lock it up in or try to do one online?

lizzie490
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM
It's a good idea, I use to keep journals all the time. It helped me through alot of painful times in my life. Don't worry about the honesty thing, go ahead be honest and if you still feel bad about what you wrote shred it throw it away and start over. Good luck (*^﹏^*)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzie490
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM
It's a good idea, I use to keep journals all the time. It helped me through alot of painful times in my life. Don't worry about the honesty thing, go ahead be honest and if you still feel bad about what you wrote shred it throw it away and start over. Good luck (*^﹏^*)
snookyfritz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I have been trying to write in my journal, but I have a lot of diasassociative issues and have a very difficult time remembering things, making it hard to write.  I don't remember most of my childhood and a good chunk of my adult life.  Just bits and pieces.  I do well with present issues, but anything that I have to draw a parallel between past and present, draws a blank.  It's frustrating.  I look at some homework I get from my therapist, and just think "I can't do this"

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't worry about anyone seeing it, my husband has the attention span of a gnat

Letha
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I used to write a journal but its lost some where. We recently moved and I have no idea where it is but as soon as I find it I will write in it again.
I wouldn't write mine on the computer or on my phone(iPhone). We have 4 phones connected to an account and I don't want anyone reading my stuff but that's just me.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I definitely know that feeling! I currently have a journaling app on my kindle that is accessed with a code so nobody can read it. Can you find one with a lock on it?

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i do not, but i really really should. i think it's a good idea. as long as you keep it safe whether it is in a paper journal or on the computer. and make sure you are 100% honest in it, or it'll do you no good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)