Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center
i am considering starting one but im afraid i will be dishonest in it due to fear of it ending up in the wrong hands. help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (21-23):
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM

yes I do journal. I was also afraid it would land in the wrong hands. But I didn't journal like most people do. I didn't keep one journal. I had a few. So I didn't write in just one. I would switch all the time. So if someone would find it they would have no clue.  Also sometimes I will journal on my computer then lock that part of my computer so no one can see it. My therapist taught me to do that. But it is easier for me to write my feelings then to type them.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Put it in a lock box and hide it somewhere where no one can find it. i use to have a journal but now i do a prayer journal. they are both very helpful. i use to journal on http://www.flylady.net/ but i have not done that in a while. you can check the website out. another one related to that website is http://www.cozi.com/. if you do not allow anyone to see you on that website then you are fine. however it is up to you.

bugsmama149
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I do the same thing! I can't even count how many journals I've started and found myself lying because I'm afraid I might write something that would upset or alarm my hubby. He isn't the type to snoop thru my personal things but as depressed as I get sometimes, I wouldn't blame him if he chose to read a journal if he found one. It sucks. I have really vivid, weird, dreams. (they border on psychotic, really weird shit). I'd like to write them down in a journal but I can't have anyone knowing what my subconscious stirs up at night. Maybe an online journal with a password could be good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)