Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She gets on my darn nerves...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

OKay, long story short, when i first found out i was pregnant, it was mid march. by early april my boyfriend was talking to his ex and telling her that he never saw himself with me for long and that he wanted her all to himself. I found this conversation, confronted him about it, and was an inch away from breaking up with him. Somehow he convinced me to at least try and work things out. However, she was still talking to him and a good friend of his. I shut that shiz down real quickly. Only in the way that he saw how it affected me and he was worried about our baby, so he stopped talking to her. When it came to the month I was going to give birth, My known seasonal depression was in full swing. I messaged her and told her that i was okay with them being friends, because i was trying to work past everything. It's been 3 months since then and my depression is still going strong. It really irks me when i see her talking to him, even though i know she's not a threat. Am i being overdramatic about the whole thing, or do I at least still have a good reason to not enjoy seeing her even simply posting something on his facebook wall or liking something of his?! He chalks most of it up to my depression, but idk if that's the main cause. I'm just so confused. I want to be past all of this, but it keeps coming back! :/

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't know, if at one time he was going behind your back and trying to get together with her, I wouldn't be comfortable with them being friends at all. It's not your depression, it's the fact that he's gone behind your back before.

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

since all of this, she's been living in germany, so he can't go behind my back for her physically. but thank you. i just don't wanna be controlling and tell him who he can and can't be friends with.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I don't know, if at one time he was going behind your back and trying to get together with her, I wouldn't be comfortable with them being friends at all. It's not your depression, it's the fact that he's gone behind your back before.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM

i would be insecure with him communicating with her since he did cheat on you with her. i would tell him to cut off all communication with her. that is just my opinion. if you are still suffering from depression have you thought that it might be ppd. keep a watch on yourself and get help if you need it.

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

oh no, he didn't cheat. just said some things to her. and it's still my depression season. i have SAD and it doesn't start fading until march. although i do believe i had ppd as well for a while. so it didn't help.

Quoting lyrick24:

i would be insecure with him communicating with her since he did cheat on you with her. i would tell him to cut off all communication with her. that is just my opinion. if you are still suffering from depression have you thought that it might be ppd. keep a watch on yourself and get help if you need it.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

You are way more generous than I could be.  I would never have been able to tell her I'm ok with the two of them being friends.  I would be watching his conversations with her like a hawk & not letting him know I was up to it either.  Him telling you that it's your depression makes me leery too.  I wouldn't like that one bit. If you think it's all her contacting him & he isn't keeping the dialog going, then maybe this isn't so scary & you are right to let it rest & get it behind you.  I hope that's the case.

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:22 PM

shoot, i watch all his stuff with her like a hawk right now. and he lives 4 hours away. ha i feel bad though because i want to trust him and not have to sneak behind his back all of the time just to check and see if they're talking to each other. but yes, a lot of times it is her that starts it.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

You are way more generous than I could be.  I would never have been able to tell her I'm ok with the two of them being friends.  I would be watching his conversations with her like a hawk & not letting him know I was up to it either.  Him telling you that it's your depression makes me leery too.  I wouldn't like that one bit. If you think it's all her contacting him & he isn't keeping the dialog going, then maybe this isn't so scary & you are right to let it rest & get it behind you.  I hope that's the case.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
After going through that bs with my ex I would never.put up with it again but that's just me. My ex always talking to his ex ruined my self.esteem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM

oh my, yes. it has truly done that. i'm sorry it happened to you.

Quoting matreshka:

After going through that bs with my ex I would never.put up with it again but that's just me. My ex always talking to his ex ruined my self.esteem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)