Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I have a confession to make

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

I haven't been totally honest with my new doctor or even my husband.  They both think that I am still taking my depakote and saphris but I stopped taking those meds a few weeks ago, so far I haven't noticed a difference.  I am still tired and the reason I went off the meds was bc I thought that they were making me tired and weren't really working for my symptoms.  So far my husband hasn't said anything but I am worried bc today I have to go to the lab to get bloodwork done for my new doctor.  I am concerned that he will find out about me not being med compliant through the bloodwork.  Anyways, my husband is totally against me not taking my meds and I am pretty sure my new doctor wouldn't approve of it either, I don't know how to tell either of them without it becoming a huge problem especially with my husband bc he'll think that I was keeping secrets and lying which I was kind of doing by not telling him of my decision.  Any advice on this would be great ladies.  Thanks.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

if you are not taking it and you are doing fine then you should tell the both of them what is going on. its up to you whether you want and need to be on both of those meds.

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

you should tell yr husband and doctor that you don't think they are right for you. maybe try to find some that are?! or just don't take any. and i agree, it is up to you.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Taking your meds is to help you

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I agree with the other 2 ladies. It almost sounds like hubby is afraid that if you dont take these, or any other meds, that youll go nuts or something. Clearly that isnt the case. I can understand not wanting to tell hubby the truth. Do you want to try different meds or just be med free? If you want to try a different med, maybe just dont tell hubby you had gone off these on your own, just tell him dr changed your meds. There are a lot of meds that dont make you tired, some are even known to GIVE you energy. Did you just quit cold turkey? If so youre lucky you didnt go through withdrawls, they suck bad. If you dont wanna take ANY meds, then you gotta fess up to hubby.I wouldnt worry that much about the dr. Tell him they made you feel like crap. Have you seen this new dr yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I saw him about a week ago for the first time. I am not sure I want to be on Meds unless I can be guaranteed not to gain weight or be tired all the time. I'm tired of the constant lets see and wait thing. I've been on Meds most of my life and nothing works that great or I just have cruddy side effects.

Quoting ashleighmama:

I agree with the other 2 ladies. It almost sounds like hubby is afraid that if you dont take these, or any other meds, that youll go nuts or something. Clearly that isnt the case. I can understand not wanting to tell hubby the truth. Do you want to try different meds or just be med free? If you want to try a different med, maybe just dont tell hubby you had gone off these on your own, just tell him dr changed your meds. There are a lot of meds that dont make you tired, some are even known to GIVE you energy. Did you just quit cold turkey? If so youre lucky you didnt go through withdrawls, they suck bad. If you dont wanna take ANY meds, then you gotta fess up to hubby.I wouldnt worry that much about the dr. Tell him they made you feel like crap. Have you seen this new dr yet?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
There are many other ways to get better besides meds. Especially if you've tried a lot and none have really worked. I would let your dh and doc know that it is your decision to focus on other types of treatment and the meds aren't helping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)