Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm so lost......I dont know if I can do this

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am 23 and my friend of 20 years died. I grew up with her and her brother. Her brother is basically a ghost. Her mother and step father are the same. Me? I feel this hole in me, and I am trying to keep this together but I just...I want to cry, to scream, to beat a punching bag. I am going to her viewing on Wednesday and funeral Thursday...I know I'm going to burst out crying at one.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Im so sorry youre goimg through this. Please understand that its totally normal and socially acceptable for you to cry there, and yes, even in front of everyone. Im kinda thinking her family is still in shock and totally numb, it probably hasnt truly sunk in for them yet..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I am sure it hasnt. It hasnt for me. I keep hoping I will wake up and it will all be a sick joke

Quoting ashleighmama:

Im so sorry youre goimg through this. Please understand that its totally normal and socially acceptable for you to cry there, and yes, even in front of everyone. Im kinda thinking her family is still in shock and totally numb, it probably hasnt truly sunk in for them yet..

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I'm so sorry :-(

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

i am so sorry. its ok if you cry. take you some tissure and dont be afraid to express your emotions. hope everything goes ok.

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Don't be self conscious about your feelings for your friend.  It's perfectly alright to cry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)