Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone I am new.. looking for advice.

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am a 28 year old mom of 4. When I was 16 I was diagonsed with depression, and was given Celexa. I ended up drinking one night while taking it and decided to take the whold bottle. I stopped taking it. When I had my first son in 2003 I suffered from post pardom for about a month but was never treated for fear of what others would think. In 2010 I was diagnosed with adult  ADD and put on Adderall Xr. Then in 2012 Anxiety and Depression and added Zoloft. Still feeling overwhelmed my dr added Strattera to boost the adderall. Then having an episode for depression gave me Abilify for the Zoloft. But I am not sure if its the meds. But I believe I am bipolar. Some days I am fine and very talkative. Other days I feel angry, Irrate, and overwhelmed for no reason. Other days I lay on the couch the entire day and refuse to do anything. The smallest things set me off. And get angry at very simple things. I am going to the dr. tomorrow to discuss with him that I think I may be bipolar. Any suggestions on medications that I should ask about? Thank you.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Talk with your doc and ask them about the meds. There are so many used for bipolar depending on what your symptoms are. You may want to look up bipolar meds on crazymeds.us and learn a little about all the various meds and side effects.

For many people mood stabilizers help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM

you might want to ask about a mood stabilizer. good luck.

bahamamama61
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Welcome:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

welcome to the group! Just try to let your doctor know how you've been feeling, and they should be able to help you figure out what medications are correct and maybe make some adjustments to what you're taking. good luck!

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I hope you find your answers.  Have you tried talk therapy?  I found that what I thought was ADD, was actually a byproduct of my childhood. I am getting better with it and I am feeling much better no taking drugs.  I just hope you are able to look down every road for help.  And I hope you feel better soon

ruggy03
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
For around 20 years they told me i suffered from anxiety and depression.as i got older it worsened.i have been on everything I mean everything.And if u read the side effects you will get them.I do have to say a year and a half ago i stroked out all the dr.s are blaming wellbutrin.I really liked that stuff.Right now I am considered a bipolar manic depressive with cycling episodes..hahaha yeah im not gonna try to quit smoking right now and my family already jas plans for when i go threw menapause..hang in there I know it sucks one minute im cursing out the idiot cashier next im crying cause the effing music is sad 80s shit.and thats with meds.make sure u address this because many docs have told me that some of the meds i ahouldnt have been on early it just worsened it.keep us posted
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Lamictal , geodon...,

Lithium works really well if you are done having children. For mania

Lamictal does well ( for me) ffor the depressive crashes.

Any of the " new " bipolar " meds in the geodon work well, but the longer you are on them, the higher the chance of tardive diskenesia can develop. That is also called medically induced Parkinson's disease.

But see what the psychiatrist suggests before suggesting anything yourself.

It may take several tries to get the right medicine and/or dosage. DON'T give up! So many ppl give up, it takes awhile to find the right " cocktail .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)