Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I really feel I must!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:56 AM
  • 6 Replies

Well I am really getting divorced after only a year of marriage. I threatened many times, but never went through, but I feel l have to. I am so tired of arguing. we cant seem to agree on anything. I am also tired of all the secrets and disrespect. He don't disrespect me by calling me names or beating me, but by keeping things from me and getting mad whenever i try to discuss some serious family issues. It seems like he be in his own world anyway. He does his own thing and i do mines. We dont grocery shop togeather, pay bills togeather, do anything too much togeather, except when theres a party and were both invited. He always act like he dont care after we argue and rarely apoligizes, but every time I try to leave he starts acting nice for a week or so, just so it don't end, but eventually it goes back to the same ole thing again. and I just don't feel the love between us anymore.this last argument he agreed we don't want each other and we should depart, but the same night he came climbing in the bed with me taliking like we were cool. IM tired of this confusion and I feel like I gotta go make the first move and file for a divorce. I know its gonna be hard on me, financially and everything, but it will be peaceful not aguing all the tilmesurrender

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM

go with what you feel. best of luck to you.

bahamamama61
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Yes, if you both would be happier, go ahead and make the first move:) You can do it:) And Good Luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I wish you the best! 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM

hugs mama! I was only married 2 years myself.

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I wish you the best and the strength to do what you feel you need to do

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I'm sorry it's come to this for you.  From what you say, even though he seems to know things are not right he's ok with the status qua, even though it's crumby.  It's a brave move, but sounds necessary. Hope you get some peace soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)