Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

just started meds again, after years of not having to use them

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

well started lexapro last night, have been off meds for over 2 years and was doing good until a few weeks ago.  Just started get angry for no reason, knew I was doing it but I could not stop it.  My boss (an interest, I'm a medical assistant) informed me I needed something and asked what I had used in the past (he is my dr as well as my boss, so I told him about use in past).  I have never used lexapro so not sure what to expect.  Feel good today but it is my day off so no work stress.  Will see what tomorrow brings.  Any advice on what to expect will be great.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM

i was just started on lexapro. i was crying everyday. i dont feel any side effects from it. i have been on it almost two weeks and i noticed in the last couple of days i have stopped crying so much so it seems like it is going to work for me. i take mine of the mornings and it doesnt make me sleep. i hope you have good luck  with yours.

sirkokobean
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM

thanks hope you keep doing well

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Stay on your med

mkrhodes84
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Stick with it just keep notes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Taking lexapro as well. I feel it's a Godsend! However I'm unable to get a good REM sleep state. I've been taking melatonin to help, but still miss that deep sleep. I too just started though, so I may need it to settle in its entirety... Good luck, I can't say anything but great mood enhancer for me. Just the even keil needed!
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I would say give it a few weeks to kick in, but if you have any strange side effects to tell the doc asap.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I'm not on lexapro but not getting deep full sleep is a problem I have on all psych meds, and even ones that are supposed to help me sleep.  Melatonin wacks me out and I have vivid nightmares.  I wish there was something I could do.  Currently I am lowering my meds slightly with the help of my doc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Taking lexapro as well. I feel it's a Godsend! However I'm unable to get a good REM sleep state. I've been taking melatonin to help, but still miss that deep sleep. I too just started though, so I may need it to settle in its entirety... Good luck, I can't say anything but great mood enhancer for me. Just the even keil needed!

sirkokobean
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Try adding the vitiam magnesium after dinner at night, it has been helping me sleep better before starting the lexapro.  Take 500mg extra after dinner and by bedtime I'm sleepy and will sleep, its so nice hubby ahs started it too.

Quoting matreshka:

I'm not on lexapro but not getting deep full sleep is a problem I have on all psych meds, and even ones that are supposed to help me sleep.  Melatonin wacks me out and I have vivid nightmares.  I wish there was something I could do.  Currently I am lowering my meds slightly with the help of my doc.

Quoting Anonymous:

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I take it in the morning for some of my health issues, chronic pain, fibro, arthritis.  I will look into taking some at night too.  Thanks!

Quoting sirkokobean:

Try adding the vitiam magnesium after dinner at night, it has been helping me sleep better before starting the lexapro.  Take 500mg extra after dinner and by bedtime I'm sleepy and will sleep, its so nice hubby ahs started it too.

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Great, going to try the magnesium! Thanks for the info!

Quoting sirkokobean:

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)