Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"only friends" :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Kinda long.. but 3 years ago i went out wit this guy we only dated for 2 weeks becuz his mom broke us up.. After we broke up he started dateing another girl nd just broke up wit her lik 4 weeks ago.. I never stopped having feelings for him.. So in the last week we been spending time together and im loving it we chill have a great time and kiss... He knows im pregnant but he isnt ready to be a daddy and raise another mans kid... We have so much chemistry and always wanted a second chance he even says im the best he ever had.. But he just wants to be friends.. I dont think i can do that.. :/ uqh Any suggestions..?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryjmom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Honey, I wish you the best of luck. I'm in that exact same boat as you. I'm seriously just about to say fuck it and close myself off permanently. You can only get hurt if you let people close to you. Rather to have not loved and not been hurt than loved and been hurt. Right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM

if he says he just wants to be friends then you should just keep it at that. dont set yourself up for heartache. if you are having a baby and he is not ready for a family then i dont know how things would work out. but you are letting your feelings take control of you and you are setting yourself up. if you can keep it at a friendship level then ok.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

You can never "get" someone to love you.  I'm sorry things didn't work out.  I know you have strong feelings for him but many times being friends only is a great relationship to have.  Right now put looking for romance on hold, take care of your pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Thanks every one
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I've been there before. My first suggestion would be to stop messing around with him. If he wants just friends, hang out like friends. By allowing him to lead you on like, you're setting yourself up for heartbreak later. Hugs!

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I would take a break from him then. It will be hard, but you should not put your heart through that hoping that he will feel the same way.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

stop messing around with him, b/c he's already saying he just wants to be friends.  You'll end up more hurt & disappointed in the long run.  He's on the rebound,too.  Not a good mix.  Focus on your baby.  Sorry - hugs.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him the truth. You can not be friends with someone you want more from

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Move on.

twistandshout
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I have a similar situation going on in my life. We are not messing around nor am I pregnant. But boy my heart is on fire for a childhood friend that wanted to date me back in my high school years and pre collegeyears. I have asked about him over the years and he seemed to be happy in his life. But recently I found him on F.B. and he is single and not in a relationship. We have been out a couple of times and to church. Thump, thump, goes my heart. But, here goes the lets take it slow thing. He only wants to be friends right now. So what to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)