Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

i WAS doing better.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

i just made a post where i thought my meds were kicking in because i hadnt cried for two days. well since then i have cried all the time. my son has been comforting me since my husband is away. im still not crying all the time like i was. i think some of it is boredom as i am not getting out of the house and doing anything. that is why i will be glad when my husband comes and gets me because he will get me out and have me doing things. he knows how to work with me really well. i dont want to go be with him if i am still having the crying spells because i dont want to put that on him. im wondering if the lexapro just needs to be increased a little bit since it is working some. does anybody have any experience with taking lexapro and how many mg did you take. i am on 20 mg.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM

*hugs*  It is SO HARD being stuck in the house all the time.  I hope you get to get out and see the world soon.  As for your question about the Lexapro, I, personally, maxed out at 20mg.  However, I am now taking 225mg of effexor, which I feel is pretty high, but it is what I need.  I think we tend to judge ourselves based on our dose of meds...

TiffanyD78
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Very powerful article here. A must read! Then message me on a healthy solution to get you life back on track. Best decision I ever made.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/06/frightening-story-behind-the-drug-companies-creation-of-medical-lobotomies.aspx
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Oh, Im sorry youre feeling crummy again. I was on Lexapro many years ago, I dont remember my dosage or what it did to me. May I ask: why is your hubby living/working far away from you? Youve said something to that extent in quite a few of your posts and Im just trying to understand your situation better. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Quoting ashleighmama:

Oh, Im sorry youre feeling crummy again. I was on Lexapro many years ago, I dont remember my dosage or what it did to me. May I ask: why is your hubby living/working far away from you? Youve said something to that extent in quite a few of your posts and Im just trying to understand your situation better. Hugs!

he is a army reservist and got called  up to duty in ga. i am at our house in va. his duty is over in july. so for now we are apart. i was supposed to go with him when he left this past july but i went into kidney failure and had to stay and be treated until my kidneys started working again. i was going to the dr three times a week and couldnt leave. i am about to go visit him for a little over a month on the 23rd of this month.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I took 20 mg.s it does yake awile to system. Plus you maybe wooried about other things too. When was the last time you seen the grandkids. If you havent seen them for awhile or even if u have. U could be subcncontialy thinking about them which is causing u to cry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Quoting rhodaj:

I took 20 mg.s it does yake awile to system. Plus you maybe wooried about other things too. When was the last time you seen the grandkids. If you havent seen them for awhile or even if u have. U could be subcncontialy thinking about them which is causing u to cry

hi rho. i have seen the grandkids. they were here yesterday but my daughter that i am so close to is in jail for six weeks. she was caught stealing. my husband is gone and i feel so alone. my son is trying to be so supportive and i do feel better after i go and talk with him but i just miss everybody. im having some problems at home to as to where i think i am being taken advantage of and its getting on my nerves. i will be glad when i dont have to deal with all of this.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I think u will be doing so much better when u get GA u wont be dealing with all this crap and I understand about being taken advatage of. Guess what is sleeping on my couch because her mom is soppose to be cleaning and I havw to watch her tommorrow anyway. But she is here every Friday night

Quoting lyrick24:

Quoting rhodaj:

hi rho. i have seen the grandkids. they were here yesterday but my daughter that i am so close to is in jail for six weeks. she was caught stealing. my husband is gone and i feel so alone. my son is trying to be so supportive and i do feel better after i go and talk with him but i just miss everybody. im having some problems at home to as to where i think i am being taken advantage of and its getting on my nerves. i will be glad when i dont have to deal with all of this.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

i messaged you rho.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Oh, ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. Now, actually, Im starting to remember you talking about this. So youve had a tough road, aside from depression. I dont know much about what happens when you go into kidney failure, except its obviously not a good thing and is a major medical issue. Plus, having your hubby in another state for a year? Wow mama, youre a strong woman! I admire your strength! Even though youre dealing with dealing with depression and having crying spells, that doesnt make your strength and courage any less. You have a LOT on your plate, I hope so badly that the Lexapro works for you, you deserve some relief. Hugs to you mama :-)

Quoting lyrick24:

Quoting ashleighmama:

he is a army reservist and got called  up to duty in ga. i am at our house in va. his duty is over in july. so for now we are apart. i was supposed to go with him when he left this past july but i went into kidney failure and had to stay and be treated until my kidneys started working again. i was going to the dr three times a week and couldnt leave. i am about to go visit him for a little over a month on the 23rd of this month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM

My doc and therapist were talking the other day. I have a DBT therapist and as you know I am bipolar and have PTSD.  We talked about trying not to pathologize my emotions so much.  Not to worry if its the BP, PTSD, life situations.  The fact that is important is what to do when emotions are overwhelming.

You are dealing with a lot right now, health problems, a DH who is away, grandkids and a daughter who you love who is in trouble.  I really think sitting down with someone ore journaling everything out may help you.  I know meds can help people but they cant fix the situations that you are dealing with.  I am not saying this to make you feel worse, please don't take it that way.  If you can find a way to really relase your feelings and thoughts that may help. IDK through calling a "warm line" kinda like a crisis line but not for going into the hosp.  Keep that target date of when you get to be with your DH in mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN