Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

No meds help me, I have been in the psych system since 14, i go to therapy, I have a safe life with little drama.  Still my mood swings are terrible.  I just want to be "normal."

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-17):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Oh mama, I know how it feels :-( It sucks! Ive never been manic, my moods go from ok and functioning to MAJOR depression, the kind where I am NOT able to really function. Im 41 and been on meds since I was 16. All they really do is keep me alive. I wish I had answers for you, but all I have is big hugs for you mama :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I know, my family - well kids are what are keeping me together.  Sometimes DH and I don't see eye to eye. we have different ways of communicating, his is pretty blunt and i get easily hurt.  He's not a bad guy.

Quoting lyrick24:

i can so relate to you. i feel like i am in the same boat. it just gets tiring after a while. but i have to go on for my family and so do you matreshka.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I am deathly afraid of horses (I was bucked from one) but I have heard the same thing especially about kids with aspergers.  I do meditate and chant and that does help calm me and feel better.

I know normal is a  silly word, I guess I just want to stop intensely suffering.

Quoting jalex:

Have you tried horses?  New research shows that they can really improve your mental heath.  I want to do it, but paying for my son with aspergers to go.  I can see how nature and animals can help.

You can meditate?  I try to hard, but my anxiety is a mess........

Who says what is normal?  We are, we just have active moods :)

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Thanks you.  It means a lot to hear that.  I'm going through a rough patch, I think the blizzard and my arthritis tipped me over.

Quoting Tracys2:

I wish I could help you, tell you what the answer is. But all I know is I like seeing you here. You are so smart and kind and interesting! 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Don't give up on yourself, but maybe its time to look at alternative therapies.  I wish I had the $ to go to a natropath or ayurvedic doc, or something else that might help.

Quoting maryjmom:

I'm in the same boat as you honey. No matter what I do, nothing seems to work. I'm almost ready to just give up.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thnak you. I am trying to reinvent myself to help with my self esteem. I grew up in a family where your work was your identity, my parents were and my mom still is ery successful, and I'm the "crazy" on SSDI.  My whole world ytook a nose dive once I started getting put in the hospital and put on meds.  Now that I am a mom I hae to have a positive life.

Quoting Sarah14094:

I really hsve no advice thsn what others have said below. I wish I could help as your questions and comments on my posts have helped me think hard about stuff. So I want you to know that you are not alone, I, and Im sure many others, feel as you do now. We need to reinvent "normal". We are unique. We are special in a positive way. We, on this forum, are all down with our crazy crap, but who says we arent normal and just have crappy luck in conquering life. I relate! I want to enjoy life!! And it is lonely and shitty that we dont. Someday, it will be our turn. I believe that with my entire being. Hang in there.

Quoting matreshka:

No meds help me, I have been in the psych system since 14, i go to therapy, I have a safe life with little drama.  Still my mood swings are terrible.  I just want to be "normal."

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Thanks for the hugs,  I am at the pint where my meds are doing more harm than good.  I've gained so much weight, my fibro and arthritis are getting worse, although that could be age (but im 34) I don't think pharmecueticals are for me. I did come down on the seroquel and already an feeling better. I am one of those peole who has been lableled "treatment resistant"

I am hoping DBT classes will hammer in coping skills  and I'll be better able to deal.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Oh mama, I know how it feels :-( It sucks! Ive never been manic, my moods go from ok and functioning to MAJOR depression, the kind where I am NOT able to really function. Im 41 and been on meds since I was 16. All they really do is keep me alive. I wish I had answers for you, but all I have is big hugs for you mama :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN