Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you sometimes go days without a shower?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 27 Replies
I do. :( Ive been more depressed lately and find it takes a lot of energy to take a shower. Sad, I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I used to stay in bed for days without showering. Idk why depression and showering don't mix. Now that you mention it I should prob shower today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rishsticks
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Unfortunately when I am feeling down, yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yea I find myself over thinking things, and feeling down about a lot.
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Before kids I would stay in bed all day. Dont have that option now. Thats a good thing though.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I used to stay in bed for days without showering. Idk why depression and showering don't mix. Now that you mention it I should prob shower today.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Oh yes days like if I dont have to see anyone and all I have to do is take my son to school and pick him up i will go a good week. Its sad!!
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Yep, Ive had my times whem I dont shower. Whenever Im SUPER depressed, I go for days with no shower. I think it was in Dec., I went through a MAJOR depression, I was basically non functioning for over a week, I went 5 days with no shower and like 11 days without shaving my legs. I was a sight to behold lol! On the 6th day, hubby actually ran a bath for me, told me to get in, that I was starting to stink, lol, so I bathed. It is SUCH an effort when Im super depressed. When Im having an ok day, I try to be sure to shower because a major funk can overtake me anytime, so I really never know when my next shower will be. Its sad but true :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:31 AM

i have been doing the same thing. i went so long i was ashamed of myself but it is all i can do to just get out of bed. to think of getting a shower seems like a big job. i can understand where youre coming from.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  I feel so much better when I finally do get in there and shower, but it's just getting the motivation to do it .......

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Its such a common side effect of depression. It seems lie we all go days without showering. I do.  In the past it woudl be like a week, now its just 2 days.  I FORCE myself in the shower and I tell myself, wash your hair, rinse, wash your skin, shave, wash your face until I get out.  That seems to help.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

no, showering is one of the things I do manage to do every day ~ mostly because I have to work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)