Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you sometimes go days without a shower?

Posted by   + Show Post
I do. :( Ive been more depressed lately and find it takes a lot of energy to take a shower. Sad, I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
jalex
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I know how that feels, BUT I find showering to be very therapeutic and always feel somewhat better afterwards.  I can be relaxing.  I can stand there and take deep breaths and I have figured out positive things in the shower. lol

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I bathe daily, because I can read my book in peace in the bathtub and nowhere else, but I don't wash my hai daily, and there are times when I am kind of proud of that like "Wow, it must be bad, if I look like this." or even "maybe someone will notice". I totally did wash my hair right before meeting with social workers the past 2 Fridays and also on Sunday, but catch me on a Thursday and good luck...

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM
YEP..I DO NO BIGGIE..
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

When I was really sick I did.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I have to shower everyday or I can't function even a little.  It also takes away my aches in these old bones.  Some days I stand there till the water is almost cold just meditating and breathing trying to relax.

mrsjksimmons
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Showering takes more energy than I have some days. My dh thinks it's gross but I just glare at him. When I'm depressed, even showering is evil to me.

mrsary
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

yep. some days I don't even get out of bed.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bryanasmom2004
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I completely understand, I do the same thing. But it is hard to get my husband to understand. I wish there was a way that they could just feel what we go through for at least 5 minutes. Maybe they will understand better.

weddingcountdown.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)