Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you sometimes go days without a shower?

Posted by   + Show Post
I do. :( Ive been more depressed lately and find it takes a lot of energy to take a shower. Sad, I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (21-27):
flprincessmom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I do get into moods where I will wait all day to shower but then find when I smell good & feel refreshed it lightens my depression..sad

adwarfstar
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM

it happens to me all of the time.

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Yes I have. Once, my son thought the smell was his baby brother's diaper but it turned out to be my own funk. Ever since then, I try not to go more than two days if I'm not leaving the house! Lol

sunangel803
by Angela on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Showering does feel like a huge effort when I'm depressed. I always make myself shower, but if I'm feeling pretty bad, I'll do the minimum...I'll wash my hair and body and that's it...no conditioner, no shaving, no lotion. On those days, I really have to dig up the motivation.
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I do the same thing. When my depression is really bad I simply dot want to do anything and sometimes that includes showering. It takes all the energy I have most days just to get out of bed and handle my 13 month old and do may e 1-2 chores. Somedays I can only manage to take care of her and do nothing to the house and barely manage to cook.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyLaLa85
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM

yes there are days but it is never more than 2 days.

lovins81
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM
I am so relieved to know I'm not the only one ;). Its depressing just thinking about all the times my depression has over powered my hygiene. However when I do finally get the energy to turn on the shower I feel so much better about myself, at that point 99% my dark mood/feeling fades away and I'm able to stay outta bed and be productive again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN