Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

love stinks

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

so every time around this year i fall into deep depression. i hate valentine's because i never have anyboy in my life. i literally get sick because people are talking about their plans, or there's no store or street corner you can go  without seeing merchandise for all those to celebrate. and now for some reason my job's throwing a function during work hours on this glorious day( just what i need). why can't i ever be in love... have someone to love me, think the world of me? i've felt for so long that maybe i'm not good enough for anyone and i'm growing old and alone. how will i teach my daughter about love when i never have it

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Even though I believe its a made up hallmark holiday to sell crap after christmas, it doesnt make the sadness any better.  My friends and I used to have anti-valentines day parties.  We would get together, watch movies and just have fun.  Looking back on those days and some of the so-called "romantic" valentines days I've had, girls night was a lot less stressful and more fun.

Have a grils night with your daughter. 

Play "love stinks" at your office party lol

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely know how you feel, and I know it doesn't make it all better, but celebrate with your daughter. Make your own traditions with her.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I've been in the same boat forever it seems.  I do it up with my kiddos. We always make a heart cake, get lil gifts, candy,etc.  I think about our love.  I understand the lonliness, believe me, but try to focus on your d.  Hugs.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM

try to get out and meet some people. just because you dont have it now does not mean its not going to come. it will happen when you least expect it. dont be down on yourself or that will only hinder you finding someone. good luck and go ahead and enjoy the party. you might as well have fun at it.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Love will come when you aren't looking for it. I agree have a girls night with your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)