Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Domestic Violence

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

This is going to be long and I am sorry i really have nobody but DH,

My mom is a drug addict. She always struggled with sobriety but never succeeded in it. When I was 4 we were taken from her [My biological dad left us when iwas 2] her husband my step dad raised us but was acop killed in the line of duty.  Well, we thought she was better. i tried very hard to have a real relationship with her so my kids could have grandparents.  She "sold" me my childhood home and everything. Well we find out via the insurence company and tax office that the house ISN'T inn MY or my DH's name!!

I have damage from hurricane sandy [minimal, tree limb dented my storm drain and roof shingles are missing and my fence is gone.]

I was told by the insurence co that the house isn't mine to make the claim...I was like WTF are you talking about I PAY the insurence, well i found out my mom went into my accounts and has it as rentals insurnce bc she knows my SS # and that she OWNS the home and the contract we signed isn't even legit. meaning i been paying for this house and it's not mine that includes property taxes that are 12,000 a year!

Me and DH just had our daughter in dec, nd our son has autism. we just want out of NJ bc it's too expensive but idk how the fuck you can do that to your own child. She is a lawyer and knows how to fuck people over legally so there is NOTHING i can do about it with out going broke from it.

This house isnt even worth fighting for. I AM JUST SO DAMN DRAINED. i havea cardiac heart dfeffect the last thing i need is stress. I am soo pissed! I just want to cry not for sadness for feeling so damn stupid to trust her. I FEEL like i made a deal with the devil himself!

On dec 23rd she came to "visit" after i had the baby the 3rd , she was acting all odd even opene dall our christmas gifts screamng tht she has one there from her friend. I asked her to leave she  shoved me i fell and ripped my stitches and then she hit me i nthe face with a DVD box.

we were moving to NC after we found out everything about this house bc DH gota great job offer but now tht i have a restraining order against my mom who owns our home, we have no time to save up to move to NC we have to move ot miami fl in my inlaws small 2 bedroom home . i havea new born daughter and special needs 5 yrs old son he has autsim and FLORIDA esp miami schools are HORRIBLE!

so on top of tht, i got served with eviction papers and i have til the 12th to get out. i have to drive all the way from new jersey to miami fl with a my kids and whatever we can fit i nthe cars and put the rest in storage up here. it's bs and then i still have tcome back ot nj for my court date against mymom for her assult and domestic violence charges.

Idk wtf to do anymore

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
susan115
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Just leave as fast as you, you can clean up her mess later or never.  Change your name and legally can change your social security number.  Move quickly and bless you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM

bump

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

wow I'm sorry to hear your mom did that to you :-( Get what you can and get out of there and never look back!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

bump

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM

that is a lot to deal with and i am so sorry youre going through it. have you considered home schooling your ds? maybe you can be a little picky about what school he goes to if you cant home school. im sorry your mother did that to you. i wouldnt trust her again. i dont know but i might even cut off all contact with her . it sounds like shes a toxic person. i think it is bad she used her legal knowledge to get over on you. i would be happy to get out of the house if i were you. maybe you and your dh can get a fresh start in miami and things will go well for you and you can get your own home. best of luck to you.

matreshka
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Wow.  Can you get a lawyer? Maybe not to get the house back, but to get out of the situation and not be stuck.  Or just as someone who can represent you against your mom who does not sound like she is of sound mind and body and able to get back in your legal business.  I would really consider cutting ties with her.

You had an extremely hard childhood.  Do you think talking to a therapist could help?

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM

hugssorry....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)