Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I did something totally out of line yesterday.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

Okay, so at walmart I was backing out slowly because there was snow everywhere and people everywhere.  All of a sudden a woman commes barreling down the aisle.  I was stopped.  She clearly mouthed a swear at me then opened the window and called me a b#itch.

My rage flipped on like a switch and my whole body was seething. I am sick of rude Massachusetts drivers.

I got out of my car and yelled something to the effect of "oh your a tough guy sitting in your car, come out here and call me a b#tch

So she did and we started screaming.  MY DH was pulling me back into the car because I was escalating everything.

A cop then drove by and asked what happened. I said there was some yelling and I just want to go home, he was fine with that so no police issues.

I got home, sobbed forever and ended up with another migraine. Plus I feel stupid, ashamed and just plain rotten.  I can get very angry very quick but that's not who I am.

I have to stop letting random people bother me.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally understand bc I've gone off on strangers before and regretted it later. I don't always use my coping skills like I should and you're right, what happened doesn't define who you are. If it is out of character for you just try and let it go, you'll probably never see the woman again anyways. Plus there are a lot of mass holes where you live, I lived in mass for 29 yrs, lol. But then again there are jerks everywhere you go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I live in jersey lol I can relate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

hugs mama I might have flipped out on her too. People are so rude and nasty and I hate it!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM

So you know what its like driving here, and the masshole attitude.  I lived in LA and the drivers were better!

Quoting dizzy77702:

I totally understand bc I've gone off on strangers before and regretted it later. I don't always use my coping skills like I should and you're right, what happened doesn't define who you are. If it is out of character for you just try and let it go, you'll probably never see the woman again anyways. Plus there are a lot of mass holes where you live, I lived in mass for 29 yrs, lol. But then again there are jerks everywhere you go.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

its ok matreshka. sometimes we can lose our tempers when we are pushed. dont guilt trip yourself too much over it. i hope the rest of your day went well.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Been there - just get so sick of everyone being so rude & always being the bigger person.  It's ok.  It happens.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Oh good god only at walmart!  I felt anxious for you just reading that. She got the best of you at that moment, try to forget it, and I mean that really stop thinking about it.  It's done it's over, you'll never she her again so no point rehashing how you could have done it.  One time I let some bitch have it & I was so rattled I sounded like an idiot. Unfortunatley I have over thought that incident so much that it's burned in my memory.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Yeah, overthinking it is the prob.  Unfortunately my dh was with me and had a whole slew of things to say to me about me being bipolar and stuff. As if "normal" people never lose their cool.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Oh good god only at walmart!  I felt anxious for you just reading that. She got the best of you at that moment, try to forget it, and I mean that really stop thinking about it.  It's done it's over, you'll never she her again so no point rehashing how you could have done it.  One time I let some bitch have it & I was so rattled I sounded like an idiot. Unfortunatley I have over thought that incident so much that it's burned in my memory.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We all do things we regret. Sometimes people are just rude though.

ruggy03
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Tell ole dh to walk in our shoes.i flip out alot more now and i am wondering when i am really gonna hurt someone.like my whole body feels it.i dont feel bad though i just think damn did i really yell at that cashier who couldnt comprehend why i gave her the exact change....hang im there its all part of it though i do hear some people dont get the rage episodes they get happy llaughing ones?still waiting on that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN