Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

If I don't get enough sleep

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

My anxiety is through the roof! I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I have to get up at 440 to get ready for work, so of course I finally got back to sleep just as my alarm is going off and now I feel like a wreck. My tummy is having issues and I just feel anxious. Going to try to eat some saltines and sip on some ginger ale and hopefully get my shit together to make it through the day!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Aww. Hugs. Hope you make it through the day alright!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM

hope you feel better. thats bad when you dont get your sleep.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I hate that - hugs.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hugs..one of the first thing that goes when my symptoms come around is a good night's sleep. Hope you get through the day okay

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Oh I hate that, being wide a wake in the middle of the night just counting the hours of sleep still possible if only you could just fall asleep.  Hope the day isn't too bad. You'll sleep great tonight most likely.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Oh man, I HATE when that happens. I don't work, but I do have to get my 8 year old son up and ready for school (hubby gets our 14 yr. old son up, thank goodness, because he has to get up at 6:00 am. But I still know how it feels to wake up in the middle of the night, for whatever reason, and not be able to go back to sleep, it sucks, I just keep looking at the clock getting even MORE anxious. I hope you make it through your day ok, hopefully tonight you'll sleep like a rock! Hugs!  quiet

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I am now sleeping better.  My dh, who does not have a psych issue has insomnia.  TOday its really kicking his butt.  We've tried diffusing lavender oil, him wearing a sleep mask over his eyes, the noise of the fan but he is stressed so he lays awake stressing out.

Maybe if you journal before bed or do something like progessive muscle relaxation that might help.  I don't like sleep meds like ambien, IMHO they cause more harm than good.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting matreshka:

I am now sleeping better.  My dh, who does not have a psych issue has insomnia.  TOday its really kicking his butt.  We've tried diffusing lavender oil, him wearing a sleep mask over his eyes, the noise of the fan but he is stressed so he lays awake stressing out.

Maybe if you journal before bed or do something like progessive muscle relaxation that might help.  I don't like sleep meds like ambien, IMHO they cause more harm than good.

my doctor won't give me sleep meds because I don't have trouble falling asleep, I just have trouble staying asleep. Plus I've heard horror stories about sleeping medicines causing crazy sleep walking and dreams.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)