Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you find it hard to do everyday tasks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I do. I find it so difficult to find the willpower to get up and cook, or clean. Somehow I manage to keep up only because of my kids and I don't want them in a bad environment but it gets so difficult.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Yep
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM

yes i do. my daughters live here with me and they do all the cleaning. i hate not being able to do it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM

the only thing I manage to get done every day is go to work and that's only because I have to work to get paid lol

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, yes, I do find it VERY hard to do just my normal daily tasks, such as showering, doing dishes, maybe running out to the grocery store, making dinner, etc. It really sucks because as the mom and the "woman" of the house, those are things that are just kind of expected of me, and I know in reality it's NOT too much for my family to expect these things from me, after all, I don't work, so it should be easy, but sometimes it's just NOT! I understand how you feel.

shrinkingviolet
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I can relate. It is a struggle just to get out of bed some days, but I do it because I need to go to work to support myself and my daughter. I am a single parent so if I don't do it, no one will.

With the chores, I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I will have a bad week. Last week I was sick and having more anxiety than usual, and didn't get as much done as I would have liked -- really got next to nothing done except keeping the two of us dressed/fed daily, and doing the dishes every couple days.

I definitely struggle with motivation on a regular basis. You're not alone.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

In my depressions or pain flare-ups definitely.  There are days that I feel so bad where I just try to get one thing done. At least its accomplishing something.

Do you have an SO, friend or family member that can help?

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I hear ya, but have to for the kiddos.

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Yes I do and it aint fun. It's hard to do the little things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassidysmom611
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Some days, yes. 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sorry, you are feeling bad. I understand though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)