Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies I am back..

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I was dealing with CPS aka DHS. Well it is over with and has been since July. I have been having ups and downs like crazy since then because I went with adoption. I wanted my kids to have a better life then I could give them and they are getting it now. All three are living in the same home and doing wonderful! I couldn't be happier for my children but it does still hurt. Lately it has been getting worse for me as I see my kids in my dreams and I wake up crying. My depression doesn't even leave me when I sleep anymore. I just started seeing a therapist with my boyfriend. Him and I will have been together for a yr this March. Things are going great between us and he is by far the best support I have had. He is always here for me no matter what. I feel bad for him though because today in therapy he says he feels helpless in helping me and he feels bad because he can't relate and he wants to because he says he feels he could make me feel better that way.

Anyways, I just wanted to update. How is everyone else doing?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM

so glad to hear from you. im glad you were strong enough to make that decision for your children. that is true love you are showing. im sorry your depression is still bad but i think its good that you are seeing a therapist. im glad you have the support of your bf. hope things go well for you. as for me i am having some difficulty with my depression and the dr just made another med adjustment on me this morning. i hope i start to see better days.

Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM
may i ask y u gave your kids up for adopotion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM

welcome back

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM

It is hard dealing with cps. Many times they want to take the kids away from the parents. ((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Well I was was on a deadline with CPS and court. I had been dealing with CPS for over two years and it was coming down to the last bit of it and they told me I need to make a decision. I could have possibly gotten an extension of 6 months from the judge but there was no guarantee and I was going to be the only parent of my three kids. I thought about everything and what I wanted for my kids. In the end I realized I couldn't afford my children alone. Well I might have with the help of the government but I didn't want my kids to live through a poverty life style like I did. So that was my reason in adopting them out. I wanted them to have better and do  better with a better lifestyle. Yes I could have given them plenty of love and and everything like that but I wanted more for my kids. I think they deserved better and I feel they are getting better then what I could have given. This gives them a second chance at a better life. I now am studying to go to college and I have a goal to show my children that I didn't sit around and do nothing and that I was able to accomplish something. I want to be able to help them when they are older if they need it. I will be here for them and I will be waiting with open arms. There are with a great family now and I really appreciate them very much for doing a wonderful job with my children. I couldn't ask for beter adoptive parents.

Sorry its so long.

Quoting Pixiemaid:

may i ask y u gave your kids up for adopotion?

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Thank you so much! I have missed this group. My bf does a lot of support for sure. Our therapist today said we have a great relationship but we both have issues that we can't change (me mainly), and we are going to work on taking the next step.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with your depression. Hopefully the adjustment helps. I still haven't taken any meds yet but I have been thinking about it. I have been doing more exercises so that seems to have helped a lot but there are still a lot of days and nights it doesn't.

Quoting lyrick24:

so glad to hear from you. im glad you were strong enough to make that decision for your children. that is true love you are showing. im sorry your depression is still bad but i think its good that you are seeing a therapist. im glad you have the support of your bf. hope things go well for you. as for me i am having some difficulty with my depression and the dr just made another med adjustment on me this morning. i hope i start to see better days.

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM

thank you

Quoting deltathree:

welcome back

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Yes it is very hard and a long drawn out process. I have heard so many horrible things about CPS. I did love my first case worker though. She was great. My case though made her so upset though that after my case went to court she quit. She said she couln't stand it anymore. I sometimes wonder what these people feel as they take kids away fromt heir parents. I mean there kids are screaming and yelling for mommy and/or daddy. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I could never do it. I know they do help sometimes but not always.

Quoting Serenity7:

It is hard dealing with cps. Many times they want to take the kids away from the parents. ((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

welcome back! I'm sorry that you had to go through making that decision, but it's good to hear that the kiddos are doing well. Keep going to therapy and hopefully you can start to feel better. Hugs!

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Thank you. It has been very hard and even though I am sad that I made the descion I made I feel like it was the right and best one for my kids.

Quoting leahbeah143:

welcome back! I'm sorry that you had to go through making that decision, but it's good to hear that the kiddos are doing well. Keep going to therapy and hopefully you can start to feel better. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)