Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Down but not out...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone

Let me introduce myself...

My name is Penny.  I live in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.

I am a single mom waiting on a divorce.  About 4 years ago, i had a mental breakdown do to all the stress i had in my life,  financial difficulties, separation from my husband, losing almost everything i had,icluding my job and my house.  At that time, I was diagnosed as having major depression and placed on various medications, only to make things worse for me and my children.

Since then i have come along  way.  I am hardly on any medications and i have been stable for the last 2 years.  I still have my ups and down, mostlty for the better.

What do i want from this group is help and advice from everyone on how i can continue on a regular and overcome this terrible diagnosis and contine on with life for boyh of my children

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM

it sounds like you are doing a good job of overcoming it. if you are only taking minimal medicine and you have maintained for two years then you are doing good. it might help to journal out your feelings or start an exercise program. there are good books on amazon that can teach you how to cope with stess. a good therapist can do this also. so it might help if you were seeing a therapist.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Welcome to the group! I am happy you were able to pick up the pieces and get yourself better.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM

welcome to the group! I am also a single mom who struggles with depression, as well as anxiety. I have been divorced since 2002, so I'm long past that pain, but I've had other situations come up that haven't been so great. Feel free to make yourself at home :-)

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM

HI & welcome.  I'm so sorry for all you've been through.  Hugs.

welcome

pcarlson
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

thanks everyone.  i hope to get to know you al better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)