Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Don't know..

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 1 Replies
This is a much more complex issue and I didn't want to add it to the other post. So as most know I am 31 weeks pregnant and have a 13 month old daughter (14 months at the end of the month) right now I am not working due to pregnancy issues and issues I was having with my bipolar and anxiety so only my df (Brian) is working. He makes $2 less an hour then I did when I was working. He makes $9 an hour wih 35 hours a week (more if he can pick up extra hours less if he gets sent home early based on call volume). He brings home anywhere between $400-$700 every 2 weeks depending on the hours he has and how much was taken in taxes mos of the time we are in the $500-600 range. With just this though we don have enough to cover all of our bills. At best most times Brian brings home about $1200 a month 1/2 of that ($600) is rent so that only leaves us with $600 (if we are lucky) for he rest of the bills for the month which includes a car layment(385), gas for the car for him to get to and from work (about $200 a month depending), gas for the house (roughly $80), electric for the house (right now about 50-90 winter costs are lower here in summer our bill was about $150), misc items needed like diapers wipes dog food and liquid for Brian's ecig which runs between $100-200 a month depending on what all we need. So right now after all of our bills depending on the month we are almost always short between $100-300 sometimes we break even. Before anyone years me apart for the car when we first got it we both had very good jobs and we made a lot more then we currently do when I got pregnant wih my Ed I had to quit my job due to issues Brian got laid off from his job when she was 4 months old. I went back to work when she was 4 months and just recently quit due to pregnancy issues and issues with my bipolar. Brian Just went back to work when she was 10 months old. Anyways we are very tight on money right now and I need to be working but honestly cant afford to the only jobs I can find here don't pay muh and at least 3/4 of my pay would be daycare or a babysitter. We don't have anyone up here that can watch her at low to no cost. And with the second almost here the cost of daycare would double and run us anywhere from $1000-3000 a month depending on the place which would be as much as I make. Here is where I will get into the real issue. Right now as everything stands we are lucky to break even every month with our bills I can't go back to work without having child care and can't afford child care.brian can't find anything here that pays more and evey time he gets extra hours at work he either gets the "extra" taken out in taxes and. Reams even or he gets sent home earl due to lack of call volume. We have 2 family members in the town we are in (Tucson) and neither of them have space for 4 more people. When we first moved here in may last year we stayed with my grandma for a few months until we found an appartment with just the 3 of us and my grandma the house was very very cramped. 3 of us were all in one very small bedroom. There is no way 4 of us plus my grandma would fit in her house. The other person has zero room at all. Ther is 1 more we *'might* be able to stay with here in Tucson but it would still be very squished with a total of 8 people in the house and 4 dogs. Like I said we just moved here may of last year (got our appartment in August) we are originally from a town 1.5/2 hours away depending on traffic and where in the city you need to go (Sierra vista is where we are from). We have several family members in Sierra vista but only 1 has room for us. My parents. They have a medium sized house for the area but they have an added converted garage that is used as an additional room. Before we moved to Tucson we were staying with my parents in Sierra vista. There is enough room for the 4 of us plus my parents. It would be a little squished but we would have the converted garage (and other "storage" room If we get it cleaned out completely) which when it was just myself Brian. And our daughter that room was plenty large enough for the 3 of us. 1 more would make it a little tight but manageable better space options and living conditions the. Anywhere else would be. The issue is this: if we stay here we can't really afford all of our bills and have a juggling act going on if we move to sierra vista again we will be adding about $150-200 a week for gas for Brian to get back and forth to work (the first week I worked up here it cost me $200 to get back and forth everyday with gas). Staying here we have more bills which isn't good and no one to really move in with. Sierra Vista we have fewer bills and somewhere to live but more money in gas. Tucson is a larger city and has more job opportunities (but also more people applying for the empty positions) Sierra vista is a smaller city with fewest opportinities all together. Here is what I am thinking though: stay here and keep struggling wih the bills but have better job and schooling opportinities or give up here move back to Sierra vista hope we find something decent for work and deal with the school that is there but have possible help with child care and have fewer bills and can pay off some of our debts and save up money to get back on our own again. Obviously I don want to struggle here but if Brian stays workin here and we live in Sierra vista we are looking at about $609-$800 a month in gas for him to drive back and forth from tucson to Sierra vista everyday for work. If Brian doesn't stay working here and we just move to Sierra vista we have to hope one or both of us can find decent work in a timely manner so we can pay down our debts and save up money for us. It just seems confusing becaus son one and Sierra vista is better because we have family support and fewer bills overall to pay but worse because of the commute and not so great job market... So I just need advice which do you think is better Tucson or Sierra vista? I am more then happy to answer any questions to better clarify stuff if need be but please be nice about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

why dont you stay where you are until your dh finds a job in the town where your family is. then move. or you could consider taking on a babysitting job and be able to stay at home with your kids and make money too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN