Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Luvox

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 6 Replies
Just curious, do you take Luvox, or have you taken it in the past? I get the impression that its not often prescribed. It's done wonders with my depression.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

i have heard of it only a couple of times. i dont think it is widely prescribed. if its good for you then that is what is important.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Luvox is an old med.  I think the docs try to push ssri's now.  But if it helps that's great.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM

No

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I took Luvox a few yrs ago-it was more on the side of treating OCD plus panic and depression.  Was not impressed.  Hope it works for ya!

icn_mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM

My daughter took it and it didnt do a thing for her, so they raised the dose and she went absolutly crazy.. Im glad to hear its working for you though!

sunangel803
by Angela on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I've actually been on it for several years. I had never seen it mentioned on here, so I was curious what people knew about it. I had been on multiple SSRIs (and combinations of SSRIs). My doc thought it would be good for my depression and "obsessive thinking." I said I didn't have obsessive thoughts, but he disagreed, and suggested I try it. I don't know how long I had been on it at this point, but one day, out of nowhere, I realized my thoughts weren't racing and I wasn't fixated on particular worries anymore. I realized I did obsess a lot, but no major compulsions. It has really helped in keeping my anxiety at a more manageable level.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)