Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel ugly...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
It seems no matter what I do I cannot feel pretty or beautiful. Doesn't matter how many people tell me I am or even who.
Not those few moments after a nice relaxing shower, or when I actually do put make up on. Idk what to do.. its affecting my marriage because I don't want him touching me ever. I never feel happy because of it..

I have these random moments where I do feel pretty. But they don't last very long.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Letha
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I feel the same way! I recently got my hair done and bought new clothes and each day I try to do one thing that that makes me feel good about myself. Where it will be paintings nails to have a relaxing bath. It seems to help me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM

i would get some books abouty self-esteem and work on them to see if it would help. or you could see a counselor about it. i am sure you are a beautiful person. but for some reason or the other you dont feel that way. you need to feel better. hope you get it worked out.

valmccoy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Ughhh. Thank god i am not the only one. I just went from a 24 to a 18, i know I got more to loose, but I still feel like a sloppy fat ass My pretty titts shrunk a size, and are not what i used to love... I dont feel that pretty. I know I am, but I dont feel it.  Back in May, most of the right side of my hair fell out, and I had to wear a jessica simpson clip in. Its comin back grey and i cant do anything with it. Would love to go to the solon to get my hair done. I do talk to my fiance about it, and he is really sweet. I am realizing that communication with him about this is very important so he knows why I am in such a lul, and to be sensitive to it. I do recommend talking to hubs about it. Tell him how you feel, and that it has nothing to do with him. And, this is a personal issue, and you dont know what to do. I think even the most beautiful of women go through this. I really hope you find something that perks you up and makes you feel better.

the.deadly.mrs
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I feel the same way. I used to get complimented all the time prior to having my son, but now my body is all disfigured, I can't even look at myself in the mirror. Although I'm happily married, I miss getting hit on. 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I can understand how you feel. Dh tells me all the time I'm pretty. But I really don't believe him.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I feel the same way. I have a scar and some eczema on my face and since childhood I was teased.  the low self esteem remains.  Even though my DH says i'm pretty, i don't feel attractive. a big part is the med weight.

When I get those thoughts that Im ugly and fat I tell myself to stop and focus on something else.  Its the only thing I can think of to deal with it.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I don't get this way about ugly, but I do about being unloved or annoying o whatever. They do say depressed people CAN'T believe compliments, but I think it helps to occasionally get them anyway.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

GreenOlives07
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I feel EXACTLY the same... ive tried everything i bought some clothes helped a lil but kinda made it worse.... i paint my nails, i do some makeup.... no matter what i do i cant seem to like myself anymore. and my poor Dh... it really messes up our sex life, i hope he sticks with me though this tough time i tried explaining it to him but i dont think he really understands how ugly i feel

upsanddowns
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

its a mind thing u have to tell yourself dammit im the bomb. what is it that makes u feel pretty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)