Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

does anybody get this way?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

i suffer from bipolar depression. i have had some other health problems to such as a herniated disc in my back and kidney failure. but i have in my mind that i cant go out of the house. this morning i had to go out and go to the bank and i cried before i went. i cant tell you how long it has been since i got out and went to walmart.there is nothing pysically stopping me but i have it in my head that i am not able. it just seems like a big job to me. i know i have to get out and do more or im going to shrivel up an die right here in this house. does anybody else feel that way about going out?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I dont have any physical problems, but my mental problems sometimes cause me too much anxiety to leave the house, where even running to walmart or safeway, both like 2 miles from home, just to get something for dinner or a jug of milk is nearly impossible. I get overwhelmed especially if I have more than 1 place to go. Im sorry I dont have advice, but youre not alone in your feelings. Hugs mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM
My depression is from miscarriages. Its a bit different. I hide in the safety of my house so I don't have to deal with seeing babies or pregnant women or people j know. I find leaving the house daunting unless I have a certain amount if time to prepare my mind. Sunday mornings I look forward to getting up and out early to eat breakfast at cracker barrel. I wait for it all week. I think what you are experiencing is normal for what you have. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I do. I have to pych myself up just to leave for an appointment then I'm in a hurry to get home.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

At times I do. The bipolar depression is a big factor.  its actually different than major depression as lethargy is the main symptom (at least thats what I read in one of my bipolar books).

I have fibro and RA, sciatica, and a busted up s-i joint with no cartilage in my hip.  When I am depressed or in pain or both I hibernate.  Luckily I force myself out for my son.  I feel that staying active helps me with the depressive part of bipolar and the pain issues I have.

Maybe take things step by step. Like get your shoes on, then your coat, grab your keys and purse and walk out the  door. get in the car, drive to where you have to go or the cloest place to go at first.  Try not to think to all the way getting to walmart because that may feel overwhelming.  This is what I do.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Hun,been there for sure.  I have panic/depression.  I just want to hide in bed most of the time.  If I did not have to take DS to school and pick him up,I'd hibernate.  It comes and goes.  Be kind to yourself.  i'm just gentle on myself and do the bare minimum until I'm up to more.  Did 90min at SuperWalmart today so Yay.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Yes. My anxiety gets so bad that I dont go places I need to. Or Im just so tired that I cant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinakinakins
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
At times yes. There are times where no matter what I don't want to leave the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ruggy03
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I hate going anywhere...I will have to make myself just leave my room....I feel so guilty because my kids spend all their time hangin out in my room lol.if I have to go to a store I will find the one with the least cars and go there.....if there's. A lot of people I. Forget what I need and end up in my car crying.....then ill talk to myself and go to the next parking lot.hahahah but then there's days I go to stores with such a nasty attitude I curse people out....I am surprised the. Small town I'm in doesn't. Commit me.lol try to start at small stores with a list so you can have like a mission
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)