Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone on citalopram?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I took it between 2008 and 2010 and it worked.then I got pregnant and now I m re starting,I knew from the past that if I took it at night, it would keep me awake so taking it in the am used to work for me.

now this week that I started, I take it at 6 Am and by 4 am I am wide awake.

Is anyone taking it?

what is your experience with it

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM

i took it for a couple of years and just stopped it. it wasnt working for me any longer. i took it at 8 am. it didnt seem to bother with my sleep or anything but i take risperdal at night which puts me right to sleep. try taking it a little later in the day.

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I take it and it's been a wonder drug for me.  I hope it continues to work for me.  I also take Zolpidem and that takes care of any sleep issues I might have.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

when do you take it and how much? i re started with 10 m

Quoting snookyfritz:

I take it and it's been a wonder drug for me.  I hope it continues to work for me.  I also take Zolpidem and that takes care of any sleep issues I might have.  

flprincessmom
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I take it...started @ 10mg, now 20mg...I take it @ night after my housework is done...it helps to relax me....but at times I have had issues staying asleep, so I also take Trazodone....sleep

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I take it at bedtime 

flprincessmom
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Has anyone noticed any weight gain while taking Citalopram?  I have been taking it for about 1 1/2 years and have gained about 40 lbs......and this is part of my depression.....I know when I am smaller I feel better, feel better about myself, have more motivation & am less depressed.....so are there any antidepressants that help you lose weight?  I eat about as healthy as I can afford, exercise daily ( no car so I walk everywhere),  and still gained the weight....

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Yes I take it. 40 mg a day and it helps me a lot. Been on it for 6 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyD78
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I took it for like 3-4 months back in 2010 and it made me feel tired all the time. I stopped taking it because it wasn't doing me any good. I knew it was only putting a bandaid on the problem and decided to go the natural way. It has worked for me. I don't trust any prescription drugs, especially the anti-depressants.
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I took it in '06,did nothing for me good or bad.

anotherandree
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

It did nothing for me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)