Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I give...

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 14 Replies
I knew not to get my hope up again. We finally had an appointment to get assistance with our rent. Overall it went really well I just had a few things that needed turned in. No issue or so I thought. I had to have a letter from my doctor stating why I wasn't working. Untold the office I needed it by today. I called this morning to see if it was faxed over to the rental assistance place NOPE "the doctor didn't get around to it" so now we probably aren't going to get the rental assistance we desperately need. On top of that I had our payday and bills "planned" out but that got tossed out the window because Brian's check was 1/2 of what we thought it was going to be because of taxes and he got sent home early because of no calls a few days. So we can only pay 1 bill that I wasn't even planning on paying this payday but ob well at least it is paid. But I still have several things that need paid and no way to pay them. My taxes were suppose to be direct deposited into my account today but instead of direct depositing it they mailed the check so it's going to be another 3-5business days before we get that which is t a big deal but because of payday beig so small we really need that money to catch up on some bills. And with our taxes we were suppose to set money aside so Brian could take time off when the baby gets here but. Ecause of all of the bills we have to catch up on we wont be able to put that money aside which means that he can't take any time off when the baby gets here and we will have to pay a baby sitter possibly for the 3 days I am in the hospital and once I am released it will be just me to care for a 1 year old and a newborn during the day with absolutely zero help. So idk what we are goin to do there. Plus we might end up moving. Score baby gets here in April and if we do it will give me less the. A month to get everything set up half decently for his arrival. I am just so stressed right now and don't know where else to vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Ah mama, I'm sorry. That's really messed up of your dr. to just not "get around to it". I'd be super pissed! If I was you, I would just keep bugging them until he does it, that's really crappy of him, you know, he's probably very well off being a doctor and all, but you'd think he'd have some compassion for those less fortunate, we can't ALL be doctors! I used to always think that people became drs. BECAUSE they are compassionate, but I don't really feel that way about a lot of drs these days. I know your frustration of being so broke and wondering how you're gonna pay the bills, or even just survive, we are in that position a lot of the time. I hate having to decide which bill I will pay when I have 2 or 3 due during a certain pay period and only have the money to pay one. We are ALWAYS behind on our utilities, I'm always just paying the "past due balance" to keep whatever it is from being shut off, it's a struggle. Do you have food banks near you that you can go to? It at least saves a little money on food. We have a few in our area that I go to, and it really helps out. I wish you luck mama, I hope things get better for you. Hugs!   hugs

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry you are going through so much right now. especially while youre carring this baby. but try not to worry because that is not going to solve anything. do what you can do and dont worry about the rest. my husband wasnt able to take off from work either when we had our babies but he did stay for the delivery and while i was in labor. i hope your husband can at least do that.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thanks. When I called today I was to be is "out of the office for the day" so it won't do me any good. I hate this doctor but he is one of only 2 that take my insurance and the other one is worse!! I miss the doc I had for my daughter! There were 2 in the office and both were very sweet and ki d and would always make time for things like this. Serious it would have only take. Him 2-3 minutes tops just to write out that letter. But that is to much to ask for. There are a few food banks. Lose by that I have gone to before for food.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Ah mama, I'm sorry. That's really messed up of your dr. to just not "get around to it". I'd be super pissed! If I was you, I would just keep bugging them until he does it, that's really crappy of him, you know, he's probably very well off being a doctor and all, but you'd think he'd have some compassion for those less fortunate, we can't ALL be doctors! I used to always think that people became drs. BECAUSE they are compassionate, but I don't really feel that way about a lot of drs these days. I know your frustration of being so broke and wondering how you're gonna pay the bills, or even just survive, we are in that position a lot of the time. I hate having to decide which bill I will pay when I have 2 or 3 due during a certain pay period and only have the money to pay one. We are ALWAYS behind on our utilities, I'm always just paying the "past due balance" to keep whatever it is from being shut off, it's a struggle. Do you have food banks near you that you can go to? It at least saves a little money on food. We have a few in our area that I go to, and it really helps out. I wish you luck mama, I hope things get better for you. Hugs!   hugs

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

(((Hugs))) Take a deep breath and let all the stress out.  First, you don't need all that much for when the baby just arrives, a crib or bassinet, clothes, diapers and LOVE.  Have you considered breastfeeding? It saves so much money.

Take one bill at a time, call up the place and work with them on when you can make the payment.

Have you asked friends or family to help? I thought none of them would help me but it turns out my FIL who I used to not be able to stand, loves my son and loves taking care of him when I need help.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Thanks! I did consider breast feeding but due to my medications I can not breast feed because they are passed easily through my breast milk tithe baby. I really wanted to breast feed though but due to my medications I can't and I can't be off of the medications. We have been working with the companies as much as possible when it comes to our bills. Our gas company is working with us our electric company was tryin and our appartments were trying as well but they have all kind of hit a point where they can't help anymore. My parents do help us financially where possible and when they can but no one else in the family or our friends can. I have also simply asked for help babysitting my daughter here and there so I can be out of the house a majority of my family is all 1.5-2 hours away. The ones that are here either can't due to health reasons, work full time, or I simply don't feel safe leaving her with them. The one person that was up here that did help me out a lot wih her just moved 1.5 hours away. And couldn't be bothered to come to my shower today.

Quoting matreshka:

(((Hugs))) Take a deep breath and let all the stress out.  First, you don't need all that much for when the baby just arrives, a crib or bassinet, clothes, diapers and LOVE.  Have you considered breastfeeding? It saves so much money.

Take one bill at a time, call up the place and work with them on when you can make the payment.

Have you asked friends or family to help? I thought none of them would help me but it turns out my FIL who I used to not be able to stand, loves my son and loves taking care of him when I need help.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about the meds.  There are some that are safe and I delayed going back on my meds until my some was 6mo old.  He was fine when I went back on one med but I needed more and had to wait til I weaned him.  YOu need to do what's best for both of you, which is probably staying on the meds if they are helping.  Check into wic for formula and other foods.

Quoting lexismom90:

Thanks! I did consider breast feeding but due to my medications I can not breast feed because they are passed easily through my breast milk tithe baby. I really wanted to breast feed though but due to my medications I can't and I can't be off of the medications. We have been working with the companies as much as possible when it comes to our bills. Our gas company is working with us our electric company was tryin and our appartments were trying as well but they have all kind of hit a point where they can't help anymore. My parents do help us financially where possible and when they can but no one else in the family or our friends can. I have also simply asked for help babysitting my daughter here and there so I can be out of the house a majority of my family is all 1.5-2 hours away. The ones that are here either can't due to health reasons, work full time, or I simply don't feel safe leaving her with them. The one person that was up here that did help me out a lot wih her just moved 1.5 hours away. And couldn't be bothered to come to my shower today.

Quoting matreshka:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Why are you having a child when you can't even support the household you have now?

lexismom90
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Thanks for being an ass about this. This wasn't a planned pregnancy I was on bc and we still got pregnant. I am not one to get an abortion and with the rest of my family it would be hard to explain the adoption route so we chose to keep him. When I got pregnant both myself and my fiancé were working. I had to quit my job due to pregnancy complications and other issues with my bi-polar disorder. My fiancé makes $2 less them what I did an hour so it is hard trying to make ends meet. I have been trying to find other employment or even some work from home stuff with no luck, all the jobs I have applied for can't have someone take off in 2 months when I have the baby. All of the work at home stuff requires money we don't have to start it up. If we could catch up on all of our bills and not have the late fees every month we would actually be doing just fine with the bills. It's just trying to get everything back on track right now that is killing us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you having a child when you can't even support the household you have now?

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

KimmyPoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN