Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now Let Me Introduce Myself!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Name: Stefanie

Mom Status: Mother of a 12 year son, Tony

Why am I here: I was diagnosed with depression in 2011 and I have been feeling depressed since about 2008 or so. I would like to meet other moms who endure this battle and see how you overcome.

What else do I want you to know? My faith is in God through Christ, the Savior of my soul. I can talk with many different people on many different levels, but I recognize the power of God, so I have to give credit where credit is due. Depression may be an issue that I have to face, but God has brought me to a good place and from a long way, believe me.

Let's see, what else, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up - a doctor, a dance choreographer, a psychotherapist/counselor, idk, LOL

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Welcome to the group.  Glad u joined us.  I've been dealing with major depression for years.  Every day is a struggle.  It's even more difficult when u have no friends or real purpose. 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM

welcome to the group. god can be very powerful when dealing with depression.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. My own faith has helped me through some rough times.  When I grow up I want to be be Secretary of State ;)

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! You've got some great ambitions. My faith and my church are eally helping me right now too.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Hello and welcome...

BLRiley
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It is SO good to know that there are other Christians who aren't anti-depression. I have been told by people at my church that depression is a sin ad self-pity. I have PTSD and it hurt me SO bad. I felt like they just don't understand. I have come to believe that I don't need their opinion. I rely on God and God alone. I just got so tired of their opinions that just made me feel worse. Some people just don't understand. We have not all lived in the same shoes. I don't fault the church at all, but rather mans inabity to understand. It's great to meet a fellow Christian who does understand!! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Aww! Thank you all for the warm welcome :-)

evelyngayle
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the gou[ from a depressed christian. I thank God every day that I am better than I once was.

Nena70
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Welcome, you can find support here. You are not alone.

I too have found so much strength and help with my depression with Gods support.

"He will get you through."

I THANK GOD EVERYDAY  FOR EVERYTHING!

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I'm Jen. 33 and mother of 3 ranging in ages 2-7. Married for 11 yrs. I've been diagnosed w/ having bipolar 2 which is where depression is the dominant mood so that's why I'm on here. I'm seeing docs and taking my meds and taking life a day at a time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)