Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Just an associates degree

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have beat a lot of odds and finally finished my AA,everyone is making it seem like I shouldn't be proud because it isn't a BA? It's hard for me to ever be happy why bring me down more?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anotherandree
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

"No one can make you feel inferior without your concent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Congrats on your accomplishment!

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Baby, because you LET them!
We are not children in need of approval from everyone... Or anyone for that matter.

YOU take pride in your education accomplishments . They are yours anyway, not like you bought a bad dress! You finished school! You worked yourself silly while parenting and now your children can see what one can accomplish when they want to!

So congrats for not going, but for finishing a task you may have many times thought was beyond your reach. Happy for you, but my opinion doesn't matter.... How you see yourself after accomplishing this major task is all that matters. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

i think you should be proud of yourself. that is a great accomplishment. and in time you might want to go back and further your education but dont let anybody put you down for having an associated degree. that is a  good thing.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no "just" about an accomplishment. Some associate's degrees ae more meaningful (and often useful!) than BAs. Congrats!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM

People can really scuks sometimes, maybe they are just jealous of your success.  Congrats on your AA!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Exactly.  Many AA's you can jump into great jobs and you get practical learning during your education.

Quoting Tracys2:

There is no "just" about an accomplishment. Some associate's degrees ae more meaningful (and often useful!) than BAs. Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)