Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Could really use some good vibes or prayers *update* 2nd update

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 26 Replies
I posted earlier about my grandma not doing well after her eye surgery.

Apparently my uncle has been lying to me and my mom. After forcing my grandma into this surgery, my grandma has gone downhill drastically. She hardly eats or drinks anything anymore. She has been sleeping a lot and been extremely confused. He keeps hiding it from us and its why I can't go with them anymore to her dr apts.

I'm at a loss of words. My aunt just called my mom and asked if my fiancée and I can get married next weekend because they don't think she will still be here on the 23rd of march. I can't stop crying. My grandma is the rock of the family. If it wasn't for my grandma our family wouldn't talk to each other.

The worst thing is tho, that something usually goes wrong to ruin my happy moments in life.

I will update more tomorrow when we see her.

*update: sitting here with grandma, her speech is slury and getting hard to understand. She was awake for a few mins but has been sleeping since 3:45. I'm just sitting here holding her hands watching her sleep. She has been very confused. She did get out a thought that her pizza sucked last night. We had a good laugh at that. She asked if we had money for a sandwich from the gas station(her fave) will update more when we leave.

2nd update: She got me emotional today. I was telling her about my job like I normally do. I explained to her that I wasn't happy there and I was going to look for a 2nd job. Hopefully in a daycare so I can use my degree. She told me not to. I asked why and she told me that I am going to have my hands full shortly. I asked her what she meant and she told me my time is coming soon. I know what she is referring to but it just shocked me and made me tear up. Df and I have been trying for 3 years to get pregnant. Well I'm pretty sure my grandma just told me im either pregnant or shortly will be! She finally woke up more when 4:30 rolled around. My mom took my aunt on a drive and I sat there with my grandma and just held her hand and we talked wedding plans. How all she had to do was show up and outshine me(a joke between us). She laughed and said she would try her best. My df called while I was with her and my grandma told him " it is a damn shame he isn't here" lol. Showing my grandma has a bit of fight still left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Healing energies for you and your grandma sent your way!

Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Thank you. We can definitely use them right now.

Quoting matreshka:

Healing energies for you and your grandma sent your way!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

i hope your grandma can make a recovery. i know you care for her so much. i would try and see her and get her to the dr yourself. i am so sorry for the way things are going.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Here comes prayers for your grandma...

Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Thank you, it just sucks. I can't believe my uncle did this to me and my mom. I'm going to see what I can do.

Quoting lyrick24:

i hope your grandma can make a recovery. i know you care for her so much. i would try and see her and get her to the dr yourself. i am so sorry for the way things are going.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Thank you.

Quoting gonecrazi:

Here comes prayers for your grandma...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandma and I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM

im glad you are spending time with your grandma and having a good time with it. and as for what she said about your time being near, you never know. most of the time they are right. i worked with the elderly for a long time and they had some amazing insights.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:30 AM

great picture!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN