Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

not fair

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am so fed up with the manager of my apt complex. We moved here in october. There are no dogs and or animals allowed here. I however legally have my certified service companion. Our apt manager keeps giving us 3 day comply or vacates saying my dog whines too much. Thing is she is trained to
When something is wrong with me (I have. Ptsd, anxiety and a condition that causes me to randomly pass out) when she whines it is because something with me isnt right. Now I feel like I'm being forced to choose between my dog or a place to live.

Its frustrating and so discouraging.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Well, your manager let you move in with her right? You should copy some of the paperwork concerning why you have a service dog and that it is a medical need and just include it with you rnext rent check or next time you get a 3 day.  Since you are repeatedly getting 3day notices and they seem to be empty threats since you keep getting them I would contact a renter's rights association in your area for help, this at the very least is harrassment.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

i dont see how they could make you move if your dog is a service dog. try to talk to them again and explaine that she whines when something is wrong with you. if you have to find some place to live who do allow service dogs. we have places like that here. good luck to you.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)