Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

It Just Hit Me

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
Like a ton of bricks. Yesterday and today I have been looking in the mirror.. That evil thing, and I feel horrible about myself. Not gaining weight but how my body looks. My skin is grey looking (maybe because its winter) and my hair is never nice. I gave up on makeup because makeup gave up on me and my eyes remind me of a lopsided gold fish. I am only 21 and pregnant with my first child. I am scared of looking like my mother at this young age. I try to walk but I can never find the courage to go outside. I am uncomfortable in my own skin. Any pair of eyes on me makes me uncomfortable and anxious. Idk what to do. Being pregnant is a beautiful thing and I am so happy that I am but I am so scared for what will happen after. And on top of worrying about that, my social problems have proved unimaginary. I am not sure if it is because of my history of depression or because of my inability to look down at my body without disgust. Any similar thoughts or ideas? I can't tell anyone this because they will say ... Hormones. And I'm tired of being shrugged off by that word.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:03 AM

In the shower try using a body scrub or polish, salt scrubs are great for making your skin look better.  I have severely dry skin and when pregnant over the winter it got like yours is too.  Then I use a body oul as a moisturizer for my body.  Aura glow is great if you can find it but there are others too.

I just started using a bb face cream and it adds a little color (not like a bronzer or anything) it looks totally natural and makes my face a bit more even.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Don't give up on makeup! If nothing else go to the department store and let them do your face! It may really perk you up plus give you someone to chat with. I always feel better when I make myself put on my makeup and fuss with my hair. Heck, get your hair done too! Be sure and tell your doctor exactly how you are feeling. You may have trouble with post partum depression and you want to be ready for it and he needs to know to best help you. Hang in there, and keep posting, and when you look in the mirror say something wonderful about yourself out loud!

SmileMoreForMe
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Thank you I never thought about going to get my makeup done.. I could go to sephora which is in my local mall... I tried doing yoga for the first time today from a video off of youtube and it was very relaxing. I was thinking and realized that I didn't even know how to relax like there is nothing I do in particular to center myself when I am upset or stressed. I love the 10 minute yoga session though it was like a revelation. I've also noticed that it isn't the doing something that is so hard it's the thinking about it so much before and then not having any motivation whatsoever.. I always have a lingering depression throughout the year and some days it decides to touch upon me but in the winter it seems I'm more likely down than up.. Thanks for the support and listening to my complaining :) I feel so bipolar being pregnant
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN