Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Should I be as angry as I am about this?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 18 Replies

Need your help ladies.  I have a short fuse.  Over the years it has mellowed and I have learned ways to get out of conflict but as you all know it sometimes just slams you in the face and you have to deal.

Here's what happened today while I was at the library during my son's playgroup. It's closed to parents so I just wait reading or writing nearby if they need me.

MIL called 3 times left 1 long message all about herself and how she is going to find my doc and my therapist and go to them for herself.  Went on about all her probs as usual, not asking me if we all were doing okay. I'm not actually but no one seems to care around here.

She called again and I picked up the phone to just deal with her and get it over with. I told her no way will I give her my therapist and doc info and i would prefer if she went to a different clinic altogether.  She got pissed.  I then told her that something she did last month really hurt DH and I and all she talks about is herself and she doesn't care about anyone else.  I then said I needed to go and hung up.

She called back raging and screaming swearing and calling me names. I told her she needs to go to the hospital (i was full of rage myself and thats the only calm thing I could muster up to say).

This happened a few hrs ago and I started having chest pains I am shaking and I threw up my lunch.  I am having some severe anxiety and exhaustion issues and cannot handle this.

I don't even know what to do.  I don't want to change my phone # because of her but I can't stand these regular phone incidents.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I am sorry you had to go through that. Can you block her number?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I have a virgin mobile pre-paid phone, do you know how to block #'s?  Their customer service sucks.

Quoting diaperstodating:

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
No I don't know how. I don't let my mother in law stress me out. Sometimes I answer, sometimes I don't.
Hopefully someone in this group knows how to block #s.

Quoting matreshka:

I have a virgin mobile pre-paid phone, do you know how to block #'s?  Their customer service sucks.

Quoting diaperstodating:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

can you turn off the voice mail so she can't leave messages?

If you can't block or her ignore her, I'd be changing my number. You have enough going on, you don't need her drama at all.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
((((((Hugs))))) My MIL isn't like that but I do have an aunt like that. My mom has to deal with her bc she (the aunt) put my gma into a nursing home by dropping her and mom has her poa. She calls and wants my mom to pay the house bills out of my gma's SS even though she isn't in the home. Everything is about her. She needs a ride, she can't afford the power bill, people are stealing from her. My mom doesn't answer the phone when she calls, always lets vm get it. If the call is something about the house she'll call back, if not she deletes the message and ignores her. I know it's your mil but can you just ignore her? Just delete the messages? I wish I knew how block the number for you.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM

i can somewhat relate. i talked to my mil this morning and she went off on a tangent and i had to hang up on her. she has always judged me badly over the years. if i see its her calling i just dont answer the phone which is what i suggest you do. i wouldnt want her going to my drs either. she needs to find her own drs. dont tell her who they are and tell your dh not to tell her. avoid her as much as possible which is what i do to my mil.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I don't blame you for being upset. I would suggest black listing her number (so it always goes to voicemail) but that won't stop her from leaving ridiculous messages (though I'm sure thats preferable to actually talking to her). I kind of know the feeling though, I've always disliked my MIL but lately it's gotten BAD and she wants to keep showing up to the house acting like everything is fine, and I'm tempted to just stop answering the door. She's even using dh to try to get to my FIL and it's really annoying. sorry didn't mean to steal your post. Sorry she's being so difficult

Tracys2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, and I'm sorry that you're not doing OK.

I don't know how to deal with hurtful people, and we have different cell phones. I hope the info up there helps!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Thanks! I think this should work, it was simple to do.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I found this, I don't know if it helps . .

http://www.ehow.com/how_6306541_block-someone-calling-virgin-mobile.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN