Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Help me please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I need help. I can't stand crying anymore. I need help but I don't know where to go.

a couple of ago when I was 15 I was taken by choice (somewhat) to a mental ward. It was horrible and scary. I won't go back there but I don't know where else to go.

I need help now. I have a ten month old and family can help but only for so long.

I don't want to move. I don't want to eat. Sleeping is weird. I just finished crying and screaming
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Have you been diagnosed with post partum depression? I would talk to your doctor even your primary care physician should be able to help you if you don't have a psychiatrist. Support groups are also great and I highly recommend some kind of therapy. I had ppd twice and it was bad. If you ever need to talk please feel free to pm me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I was told I have ppd. In on cymbaltal. I've talked to my primary, they up my dosage. Talked to a phycaritist (sp) and she told me to get over it

Quoting dizzy77702:

Have you been diagnosed with post partum depression? I would talk to your doctor even your primary care physician should be able to help you if you don't have a psychiatrist. Support groups are also great and I highly recommend some kind of therapy. I had ppd twice and it was bad. If you ever need to talk please feel free to pm me.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

you need to go to a hospital. maybe they will have an outpt program you can get into. its really different from the inpt. program. you go during the day and come home in the evening. you sound like you need to be on meds. the hospital can help you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I'm on cynbaltal.

I came to an emergency mental health clinic.. in the waiting area...

Quoting lyrick24:

you need to go to a hospital. maybe they will have an outpt program you can get into. its really different from the inpt. program. you go during the day and come home in the evening. you sound like you need to be on meds. the hospital can help you. 

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
If your current psychiatrist is telling you to just get over it, I suggest you find someone else who is qualified to see you and maybe is more sensitive and compassionate. If you still find you are having difficulties then maybe checking yourself into a hospital or partial hospitalization program would be a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told I have ppd. In on cymbaltal. I've talked to my primary, they up my dosage. Talked to a phycaritist (sp) and she told me to get over it

Quoting dizzy77702:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

your psychiatrist told you to get over it? find a new one.

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I hope you are doing alright.  You are in my thoughts

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Medication and therapy help me. Also there are places where you can just stay over night to collect yourself and then go home.

bakermom5944
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

HUGS!!!  You are not alone!!  They have places where you an talk to people for free.  Check in your area.  Have your family take care of the baby, so you can go for a walk, sit in the park, whatever.  You need to be there for your baby!!  I have been in your position many, many times.  Just getting out of the house helps.  If you have SADD, try getting a light lamp, it really helps.  Really just taking a walk helps!!  Hang in there.  We are here for you, anytime!!

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

GodLovesLinda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)