Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

new to this group

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi there I was in the ttc group for almost a year and have recently given up on conceiving. Then I moved over to healthy weight loss thinking if I lost some weight I might be happier. Well this is not the case. I feel very weird almost very unhappy with most things in my life. I hate my job almost so much that I will find any reason to call in. I hate going out of my house any more! I hate being home. I just hate! Period! What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM

welcome to the group. it sounds like you are suffering from depression. please see a dr or a therapist so they can follow you and provide you the care you need.

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Nothing is wrong with you. It is normal to feel this way. Therapy, medication, and reading self help books usually help me.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Welcome!  It could be depression cuaed by not being abel to concieve.  That is a hard thing to go through. Have you ever seen a therapist?

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

HELLO...you may have some depression. Have you called a doctor or therapist.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Welcome to the group. (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

GodLovesLinda

momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Right now I only have state insurance and the Dr I see is more worried about cramming meds down my throat than actually listening to what may be wrong. My insurance from work kicks in just a few weeks. I had to be with the company for a year to qualify. Thanks for your words of encouragement

Quoting lyrick24:

welcome to the group. it sounds like you are suffering from depression. please see a dr or a therapist so they can follow you and provide you the care you need.

momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I need to wait for my insurance but I will :) thanks hun

Quoting gonecrazi:

HELLO...you may have some depression. Have you called a doctor or therapist.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

How about your one child?  I know that my daughter is my bright spot in my life. Not every interaction with her is just wonderful, but overall I'm thrilled that I have her.  I often feel like my life isn't so great & it takes huge effort to get my mind off bad stuff sometimes.  An article I stumbled on in Readers Digest had a blip from Anna Quindlens book A short Guide to a Happy Life.  It's on my list to get at the library.  I'm not much for going to doctors, but I doubt it'd hurt to go talk with someone & see if they can help.

momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM
The insurance I have doesn't cover counseling so I come here for support. I was getting great support from the ttc group but I was getting more and more depressed about seeing everyone get their bfp

Quoting matreshka:

Welcome!  It could be depression cuaed by not being abel to concieve.  That is a hard thing to go through. Have you ever seen a therapist?

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I agree. It sounds like depression triggered by you not being able to conceive. I know of some who have taken antidepressants just to get through the issues they were dealing w/ that was causing their depression. Maybe you could take something to help you get through this and since you can't get counseling, maybe you can find help through educating yourself on depression and reading self help books that various ones can recommend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)