Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I can't stop crying...

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

I keep thinking about my kids and I wish I could go back and change things. I wish I could have done something different to make things better. I want the pain to stop! How can I get it to stop?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Punishing yourself or trying to look to the past and change things is only going to make things worse.  You need to heal and accept what happened and go on making healthier decisions in your life.  That is what I tell myself when I feel guilt over my ex having my son.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM

are you able to have any contact with them? perhaps they will send you some pictures of themselves if the adoptive parents approve. you might also need to be in therapy. im so sorry momma. hope you feel better soon.

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I do get updates and pics. Normally I talk with the adoptive parents through e-mail at least once a month. I am currently waiting on them to write back. I wrote on the 13th.

There are always days when I just can't stop thinking about them. I am in therapy but it just started at the end of january. I go again monday. I have been trying this thing where I watch something funny to take my mind off of them. Its has been helping but I have to force myself to do it sometimes. There are days when I just want to cry all the time. I got teary eyed over my eggs being made wrong last night! I think its probably part of my PMS too. I get it pretty bad.

Quoting lyrick24:

are you able to have any contact with them? perhaps they will send you some pictures of themselves if the adoptive parents approve. you might also need to be in therapy. im so sorry momma. hope you feel better soon.

krystaldawn_21
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I don't know how to accept it and heal from it. My therapist believe I will always have this pain and I probably won't ever fully heal from it.

Quoting matreshka:

Punishing yourself or trying to look to the past and change things is only going to make things worse.  You need to heal and accept what happened and go on making healthier decisions in your life.  That is what I tell myself when I feel guilt over my ex having my son.

Babybear1836
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM

i'm here if you need someone to talk to...

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

That is true to an extent, but you can learn how to cope with it over time.  I'm not saying it's at all easy.  I do hope that you find relief from breaking down.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

I don't know how to accept it and heal from it. My therapist believe I will always have this pain and I probably won't ever fully heal from it.

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)