Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

If you was asked to be in a trial study would you?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
rho
  • 13 Replies

I'm not sure if I would be. The meds out there now scare me enough noless not knowing what I am taking and how dangerous it maybe

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vivianbarnes
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My doctor is good at helping me get on the right meds and always listens to what I have been through in the month. She is always on top of the increases till we get it right. but after doing some research on web md I think I need the anxiety meds my last trip to the ER said I needed. My boyfriend thinks I might have ADHD too. But to participate in a clinic trial. hell no!  

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
No I would not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I dont think I would, especially for psych meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Letha
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I wouldn't either and deffently weren't doing a study on meds! Too dangerous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Absolutely not. I al ready feel like a psych guinea pig as I have been on so many meds and have had ECT.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Nope. Only if I were suicidal and nothing else was helping, and it seemed like a good option. Ie, death soon benefitting nobody or possible who-knows that benefits humanity.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Absolutely would.  Might help a new drug get on the market to help me and others.  I'm using drugs that others have been brave and kind enough to be in studies with.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I probably wouldn't until my daughter is out of the house on her own. I'd be scared of something happening and not being able to take care of her.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This. Because my kids need me right now. My husband can't raise the 3 kids alone. With the suicidal exception mentioned above.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I probably wouldn't until my daughter is out of the house on her own. I'd be scared of something happening and not being able to take care of her.

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM

not sure, I've felt like a human guinea pig for years at the hands of multiple psychiatrists.  Sometimes the meds they prescribe make me feel better and other times I have horrible side effects and my symptoms actually worsen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)