Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relatives who think they know everything

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 15 Replies
I live with my mom, youngest brother, babydaddy, and my daughter. there's a shit ton of stress on a daily basis in this house and everyone acts like their stress is the only thing that's important...making anyone else go on the back burner.
My brother and mom both have issues with my parenting and my depression. They don't think what they say to me hurts. Well it does. I've given up on so much because I just sink so deep. I've been trying to climb out of my darkness but the progress is two steps forward one shove back.
Just a rant...sorry.
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs. I don't think people realize how bad words hurt especially to someone that is already dealling with depression

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Welcome to the group.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Hi, Have you told them what they say hurts you?  Hopefully its that they don't realize the effect its having on you and if you talk to them it willl get better,

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

so sorry hun - hugs....

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

first, welcome :-)

Second, have you tried letting them know that their words sting? Is there any way for you to get out of the house? It's really hard to move forward when the stress is around you all the time.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM

((((((((((((((HUgs)))))))))))

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand how u feel.  I don't live with my mother, but she's her for dinner every nite since my dad passed.  She can be very mean and nasty sometimes.  She just doesn't get alot cuz she never stood up to my father, and they never had financial troubles or anything.  I know she compares me to my two sisters still, like her and my father always did.  I think if there is any way you and your SO and dd could manage to move, that would be the best thing.  I think sometimes parents forget how to treat their children with respect, no matter what age they are.  My heart goes out to you.  If u need to chat, pm me.  I am always here.

shellyNkatie
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I tell them every time that what they say hurts, and it pisses them off. They say stuff like "oh here we go again! Why do you respond to every little thing? You're over sensitive and need to grow a back bone." All I do is defend myself and stand by my values and they hate it. They call me immature and a failure because my methods aren't their own.
No I can't get away because I have no friends and nowhere to go. Even if I did, my mom hates having to watch my dd foyer longer then an hour because that's just mer being irresponsible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shellyNkatie
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
*for
*me
shellyNkatie
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
and when i say that I'm responding to defend/justify myself and that it's really their being mean and disrespectful then that's ME turning everything around on THEM.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)