Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Help, not sure meds are working

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have been trying anti-depressant meds for a while now.  I am not even sure how many I have tried.  Currently I am on a geneeric for Prozac.  All meds make me feel sleepy all day.  Alot of the time I feel in a daze (like I am staring off into space).  When I dont have to work, I want to be in bed all day.  I asked my Dr. if there was anything I could take during the day to help with being out of it, she gave me ProVigil, which the first few days seemed to work great, then after that I felt back to my normal tired self.

I know it seems alot of the meds tiredness is a side effect, is there anything that helped/helps you with this problem? 

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM

i dont have that problem with mine right now. i am on lexapro. when i took paxil i stayed sleepy all day. hopefully they can find the right one for you that will not make you sleepy. sometimes we have to try several ones before we come up with the right thing. try taking it at night also.

momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM
If you aren't epileptic you should ask Dr about welbutrin I call it my wonder drug! I'm a happy person on these meds and they added benefits! They suppress your appetite and curb desire to smoke (if your a smoker) my mom and I both take it and we are better more fun people to be around because of these wonderful meds good luck hun you will find something that works for you they don't all make you feel that way. That could actually be the sign they aren't working. Good luck again **hugs**
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I felt so tired and sleepy all the time. My dr. put me on Adderall as needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN