Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello...New here!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone! My name is Brittany and I am 24 years old. I have 2 kids. My daughter is 6 and my son is almost 4 months. I am in a relationship with my son's father and we live in WV. I am also a SAHM and he works for an oil company.

Heres alittle about my depression...I have suffered from depression for as long as I can remember. In my teens I used to be a cutter:/ I haven't done that anytime recently but sometimes I still have urges too. After I had my son my depression has gotten worse and it took me a little while but I finally feel like somewhat of myself again. I am on meds,but sometimes I feel as though they don't wotk. I feel like no one gets it. In the past year my anxitey has reached a level that somedays it controls my life. :( I feel like the only thing that keeps me going is my kids...like if it wasn't for them I wouldn't even care if I was here or not.

Well I hope to get to know you all very soon. I love and always in need of meeting new people and making new friends!

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Hi Brittany, welcome to the group! Im Ashleigh, Im 41, married 14 yrs and we have 2 boys, 14 and 8. Ive had depression and anxiety since I was 16. I also had bad PPD after my 2nd son was born. Probably every lady in this group does or has felt the way you do. We are here for you, hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Welcome! Wow, I get that. I'm older but my kids are 4, 6 and 7 so I get that, and I've had depression as long as you've been alive. I really wanted to cut or something last week, I told myself I can't till after Lent. Stupid but possibly manageable. My meds aren't woking either (prozac) and I have upped them where they should work, so I am switching. Have you talked to a doctor lately? Often you have to adjust or try multiple meds. Try to remember if they ever did work, o ask people around you if you arern't 100% sure. People around me thought I was better when I didn't at all. It was so interesting. 

Welcome! Nice to meet you

snookyfritz
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Brittany!  Welcome.  I hope you find the support and friendship you are looking for.  The ladies here are all very helpful and kind

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  I wish I could say that meds have been helpful for me but they aren't.  i've been dealing with the mental health system since I was a teen and the  best thing that has helped me is cognitive and dialectical behavior therapy.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

thank you! If I may ask how do you deal with your anxiety....because mostly thats what makes me feel like total crap all the time?

Quoting ashleighmama:

Hi Brittany, welcome to the group! Im Ashleigh, Im 41, married 14 yrs and we have 2 boys, 14 and 8. Ive had depression and anxiety since I was 16. I also had bad PPD after my 2nd son was born. Probably every lady in this group does or has felt the way you do. We are here for you, hugs!

KamisMommysGirl
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats what I am on too. I haven't been back recently but I am going to call and make another appt because I feel a little better but when I was younger I was on zoloft and I feel that worked alot better for me!

Quoting Tracys2:

Welcome! Wow, I get that. I'm older but my kids are 4, 6 and 7 so I get that, and I've had depression as long as you've been alive. I really wanted to cut or something last week, I told myself I can't till after Lent. Stupid but possibly manageable. My meds aren't woking either (prozac) and I have upped them where they should work, so I am switching. Have you talked to a doctor lately? Often you have to adjust or try multiple meds. Try to remember if they ever did work, o ask people around you if you arern't 100% sure. People around me thought I was better when I didn't at all. It was so interesting. 

Welcome! Nice to meet you

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

You wanted to know how I deal with the anxiety. I take meds, I know that helps, but sometimes when the anxiety is bad even WITH the meds., sometimes I have to talk myself through things. i know that sounds weird, but sometimes it works. I literally have to say things like ''come on Ash, you can do this, you CAN get through this". Things like that, of course, not in public, but hubby has heard me, I just tell him to ignore it. He's been with me long enough to know that sometimes that's what I have to do. Do you take anything for the anxiety?

Quoting KamisMommysGirl:

thank you! If I may ask how do you deal with your anxiety....because mostly thats what makes me feel like total crap all the time?

Quoting ashleighmama:

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Hello and Welcome...

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Hi. I'm Jen. 33, married for 11 yrs (I think! Lol) and have 3 kids: 7, 5, and 2. I'm also a SAHM and love to crochet. Not the greatest but am currently working on getting an online store going for nb crochet stuff. I started cutting in my teens then quit for a long time and then started up again after my 3rd child. Got diagnosed w/ Bipolar 2 w/ depression being the dominant mood and deal w/ anxiety. Welcome to the group!

KamisMommysGirl
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

No i have been fighting with my dr about it for awhile. they dont believe i have anxiety...and I KNOW I do!

Quoting ashleighmama:

You wanted to know how I deal with the anxiety. I take meds, I know that helps, but sometimes when the anxiety is bad even WITH the meds., sometimes I have to talk myself through things. i know that sounds weird, but sometimes it works. I literally have to say things like ''come on Ash, you can do this, you CAN get through this". Things like that, of course, not in public, but hubby has heard me, I just tell him to ignore it. He's been with me long enough to know that sometimes that's what I have to do. Do you take anything for the anxiety?

Quoting KamisMommysGirl:

Quoting ashleighmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)