Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Klonipin Cloud :)

Tameez
I just need to keep reminding myself.....
Yesterday at 7:26 PM
Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

This last week has been so trying....  Dad in the hospital, my daughters blood clots.   I feel like I'm taking anxiety meds all the time.  I went from 1 at bedtime to at least 2 to 3 a day.  It's written as such but I haven't needed to use it as such.

I can't wait to see my therapist on Thursday I am down to every 3 weeks however I could have used her every day over the past week !

I'm really scared about my daughter blood clots.  She is 25.  She noticed something odd and made an appt to question it.  The dr. said she is pretty sure it's just superficial.  Well, her ankle is swollen now as well .  She went to pick her script up for lab word and was fortunate to show the dr how it looks and the dr said she has a 2nd clot down by her foot.

THEN....she thinks she found one on her other leg.  So...needless to say she is getting her blood drawn tomorrow and is goin to see the dr again.  

I am supposed to go away 3/2 through 3/10... I don't know if I will get to do that now or not.  I won't get a refund from the airline that's for sure.

Well, thank you once again for listening to me ramble away.

XOXO

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry you are going through so much right now. i hope your daughter is ok. try not to worry so much.

MrsMama030912
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey don't feel bad for needing your anxiety meds when you have anxiety. I too take klonopin and I've been taking more and more these days and thank god for that ! I'm afraid I wouldn't be very helpful or nice without them. You will be done with them one day (if this your goal) just give yourself a break :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynn3203
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

im sorry to hear you re in my thoughts and prayers

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry about your daughter.  Be careful with the klonopin, I just came off of it because I was feeling like I needed more and more to stop the anxiety and it just wasn't working.  As the title of your post says, it is a cloud.  I think that maybe talking things out with a therapist may help.

SarahLynn1985
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That stuff has been a godsend for me. If it wasnt for that i wouldnt be able to leave the house
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tameez
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I haven't taken more than 1 a day (at bedtime) in such a long long time.  I do have a therapist, I see her (now) every 3 weeks.  I have been seeing her for a little over a year and if I wouldn't have, I'd not been able to handle things as well as I did!  In the long run, it was only about 5 or 6 days that I took 2 or 3 a day....back to only 1 at bedtime now. Just took them out of my purse and put them back into the cupboard for the next time I have to refill me weekly pill pod. 

My dad is doing much better.  My daughter still has the clots but they are getting better.  She is taking 81 mg aspirin every 4 hours and naproxen every 12 and just had about 15 viles of blood taken yesterday so the doctor can look at a couple of things.  Her leg is definitely looking so much better once the doctor added at aspirin.

Now I am getting ready to take a trip this Saturday, 3/2 thru 3/10 to NC to see my sister.  A very much needed vacation....however usually after the 4th day I get very homesick BUT we have a lot planned :)

Quoting matreshka:

I am sorry about your daughter.  Be careful with the klonopin, I just came off of it because I was feeling like I needed more and more to stop the anxiety and it just wasn't working.  As the title of your post says, it is a cloud.  I think that maybe talking things out with a therapist may help.

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I take Xanax for my anxieties and there's days where I take less than called for but let me tell ya, there's days where I take the full amount the script is for. So sorry you've got so much on your plate. Just take it a day at a time.

Tameez
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I used to take that, went off cuz I didn't need it however than life got a little to crazy for just my antidepressant so they put me on the Klonipin.  

Thongs have slowed down now and I'm just fine with the one a day but yes, I too needed to take as directed for about a week because of the extra stress I was going through at the time.  

My dad is much better, still not great but he is up and walking and pretty much weaned off of his O2.  

My daughter's blood clots are getting better too....

So, I feel good enough to leave for NC to visit with me sister.  I'm leaving 3/2 - 3/10.  

A much needed "get away"

Quoting nai_ryoku:

I take Xanax for my anxieties and there's days where I take less than called for but let me tell ya, there's days where I take the full amount the script is for. So sorry you've got so much on your plate. Just take it a day at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)